Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: False Baseball for the New Generation  (Read 32949 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2010, 03:47:45 pm »

The LSD No-No
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2010, 04:06:21 pm »

The LSD No-No
So were you trying to dominate the SB category or did it just turn out that way?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2010, 06:14:43 pm »

Wow I sure have a lot of players that I never heard of.
You're a Cards fan, right? So I'm guessing it's the young and youngish AL players whom you've never heard of.

Adam Lind had a breakout year in 2009. He's a near-elite power hitter.
Julio Borbon is a fast guy who has hit above .300 at every level above rookie ball. He should lead off for the Rangers, score a lot of runs, and steal a lot of bases.
Denard Span should do the same for the Twins--although he is not as fast may not steal all that many bases in their new park.
Brett Anderson is an ace-in-the-making for the Athletics.
Michael Wuertz is a good pitcher, but basically useless in this league unless Oakland's closer is injured or traded
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2010, 06:18:52 pm »

Our resident economist employed an interesting strategy and drafted arguably the best starting pitcher and reliever in the first two rounds.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2010, 06:26:48 pm »

The Fightin' Phlogistons field the all-prospect team with Stephen Strasburg, Jason Heyward, Arnoldis Chapman, and Austin Jackson.

I'll stop now.  :-X
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2010, 07:42:20 pm »

I'm the Columbus Mad Cows.  I got hella bats and I'm happy to trade for some arms.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2010, 02:41:21 am »

Denard Span should do the same for the Twins--although he is not as fast may not steal all that many bases in their new park.

He also managed to hit his own mother with a foul ball last week.
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/Minnesota-Twins-OF-Denard-Span-hits-his-own-mother-with-foul-ball-033110
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2010, 06:24:05 pm »

So were you trying to dominate the SB category or did it just turn out that way?

This is really my first fantasy sports experience, and I really didn't have much of a method going on.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2010, 04:35:18 am »

Jeebus H. Crispies, nobody but NOBODY wants to go to the Nats game tomorrow.  Opening Day was a complete disaster, with Phillies fans taking over the damn stadium (apparently the team sold a shitload of group tickets to Philly-based groups prior to them going on sale in DC), booing the home team, and that home team going out and losing 11-1.  ALL of the optimism, the happy shit about the team improving, just completely evaporated in the space of one afternoon.  And now I'm feeling like a total shithead for renewing my partial season ticket plan.

Bobby?  Cort?  Wombat?  Baseball game Wednesday night?  It's free!  Seriously!  You don't even have to buy me a beer if you don't want to.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2010, 04:46:01 am »

If I were in shouting distance I would love to join you.  Can I root for the Phillies?  Just kidding.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2010, 07:31:40 am »

Well, I mean, you guys do have Pitching Jesus!

I mean, you would if he wasn't... starting the season in AA to save a small amount of money...
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2010, 01:04:36 pm »

I've got plans tonight, sorry. I'd direct you to my friend Hilary who's a huge baseball fan ... but she's originally from Philly.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2010, 01:35:25 pm »

I don't mind people cheering for the road team (not too much, anyway).  It's jeering the home team that's uncalled for.  On Monday they presented Ryan Zimmerman with his Silver Slugger and Gold Glove awards, designating him as the best offensive and defensive third baseman in the National League.  One of the best all-around players in the game right now, and as far as I can tell an overall decent guy.  The Philly fans BOOED HIM.  Dicks.

Anyway, back to local matters:  All the TOUAMB league teams have been claimed except THA RAIN MAN COMETH and Heartattack and Vine.  Identify yourselves!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2010, 01:46:28 pm »

Well, I mean, you guys do have Pitching Jesus!

I mean, you would if he wasn't... starting the season in AA to save a small amount of money...
An extra year under team control is no small thing.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2010, 02:26:11 pm »

THA RAIN MAN COMETH is ready for business.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up