Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

this is a messageboard. people talk about stuffs in messageboards. all is well&all is good.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: False Baseball for the New Generation  (Read 32994 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2010, 05:59:45 pm »

Just wanted to update the situation, buddy.

AWWWW SNAP




edit: damn new page ruining my post
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 08:52:25 pm by Choop »
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2010, 08:51:02 pm »

Pssst! sMets! Hey sMets!

Lastings Milledge is still a POS ballplayer.

Furthermore, Blastings Thrilledge mistakenly thought he hit a home run last week (it didn't help that they set off fireworks), when in fact the ball had gone off the wall.  He was tagged out between second and third.
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Fireworks-send-Lastings-Milledge-into-an-ill-fat?urn=mlb,239558
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2010, 11:47:22 pm »

Furthermore, Blastings Thrilledge mistakenly thought he hit a home run last week (it didn't help that they set off fireworks), when in fact the ball had gone off the wall.  He was tagged out between second and third.
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Fireworks-send-Lastings-Milledge-into-an-ill-fat?urn=mlb,239558

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2010, 02:13:29 am »

To paraphrase The Trek:

We are of a kind, he and I.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2010, 02:55:30 pm »

Oh man I have not been managing at all. My pitching staff needs some serious work. Maybe today...
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2010, 02:45:08 am »

Yes man. You are playing me this week. I noticed that you have one of the best fantasy players (so far), Alex Rios, rotting on your bench. Meanwhile injured Ellsbury takes up a starting outfield spot.

Meanwhile, the three lumbering first basemen in my lineup sneered at your absentee managing and decided that today they were going forces to hit the piss out of the ball.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2010, 01:44:12 pm »

Talk about a pitching let-down.  Halladay, Jonathan Sanchez, and Jered Weaver all pitching, that sounds like at least one win, right?  Well, no.  Also, Bengie Molina can take a flying fuck at the moooooooon.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2010, 04:24:01 pm »

Curse you Halladay!

Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2010, 02:51:54 am »

Curse you Yahoo! From what I can tell, they have not yet counted any stats from the last 4 innings of the suspended and (eventually) completed Yankees-Twins game. This robbed me of a tie in the Wins category, as I had Burnett starting both the original day and the next.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2010, 02:32:51 pm »

Curse you Halladay!

Whatever dude.  One of my pitchers threw a perfect fuck*ng game this week and I STILL got crushed.  That seems unfair to me.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2010, 02:51:02 pm »

Oh, here's another thing.  You may have heard that uber-prospect Stephen Strasburg is going to make his major league debut for the Washington Nationals next week (Tuesday, June 8 to be precise).  As I am a partial season-ticket holder, and because I read a shitload of Nats blogs that all predicted his first start would be either June 4 or June 8, I was able to score tickets to this game a couple weeks ago and beat the rush.

Now, I have two co-workers with whom I regularly discuss baseball, and I figured I would take one of them.  Apparently, neither of them were able to get tickets on their own, and they both want to go.  How should I choose?  Ideas:
  • Coin flip
  • Auction:  Have them state how many beers they will buy me at the game, high bid wins.
  • steel cage death match
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2010, 03:14:05 pm »

Lingerie fashion show, judged by the rest of your co-workers.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #87 on: June 02, 2010, 01:00:21 am »

Whatever dude.  One of my pitchers threw a perfect fuck*ng game this week and I STILL got crushed.  That seems unfair to me.

Yeah, that probably wasn't fair. And besides I don't even know if it changed things at all. I just heard about the game and wondered if I was playing him this week, and when I saw I was it was the first thing that came to mind.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2010, 02:19:58 pm »

The Strasmas situation has resolved itself.  They opened up some extra tickets to season ticket holders, so I was able to score some extras for one of the co-workers.  He still has to buy me beer though.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2010, 07:16:34 pm »

Anyone need outfielders? I have several good ones. I need starting pitching.

Team Sturdy Thighbones

OF-eligible players: Kemp, Choo, Jose Bautista, Brett Gardner, Manny Ramirez, and Curtis Granderson.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 07:22:02 pm by JorgeFabregas »
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Up