Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Gulf Shore Alabama  (Read 9819 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2010, 08:39:48 pm »

I got 133 out of 150 on the US one.  I don't know the north east very well.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2010, 12:49:04 am »

sweet tea mixed with cheap bourbon. YOU'LL THANK ME.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2010, 01:14:46 am »

sweet tea mixed with cheap bourbon. YOU'LL THANK ME.

Firefly vodka mixed with lemonade.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2010, 01:34:45 am »

ALCOHOL.

You're welcome.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2010, 01:37:13 am »

USA: 136/150 (it wasnt timed, so i should have taken a few extry seconds to think more)

CAN: 23/39 (im a canadi-aint)

EUR: 77/144
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2010, 02:29:32 pm »

Yes.  Alcohol.

I'm looking forward to the novel experience of buying alcohol at a grocery store.  That will be neat.  However, in a turn of events, it may turn out that my friend will either join me later or not at all, and I'm not one to drink alone.

Considering where I'll be though, I'm wondering how hard I'll need to search to find a jug with "XXX" on it somewhere.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2010, 03:34:51 pm »

I'm looking forward to the novel experience of buying alcohol at a grocery store.  That will be neat.  However, in a turn of events, it may turn out that my friend will either join me later or not at all, and I'm not one to drink alone.

Can you buy alcohol in a grocery store in Alabama?  You can't in Texas.  Hard liquor is only sold in "package stores" or liquor stores as we call them.  You can in some parts of Louisiana.  It varies from state to state.  In Oklahoma the package stores can only sell alcohol, nothing else.  In Texas the liquor stores sell other things, I don't know what the limitations are. 

My favorites are the drive through liquor stores in Louisiana with frozen margaritas to go.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2010, 04:11:16 pm »

Can you buy alcohol in a grocery store in Alabama?  You can't in Texas.  Hard liquor is only sold in "package stores" or liquor stores as we call them.  You can in some parts of Louisiana.  It varies from state to state.  In Oklahoma the package stores can only sell alcohol, nothing else.  In Texas the liquor stores sell other things, I don't know what the limitations are. 

My favorites are the drive through liquor stores in Louisiana with frozen margaritas to go.

We have package stores in NC, too. AKA Alcoholic Beverage Control, or ABC stores. Pedro was astonished the first time he went to a grocery store in Ohio and saw rum on the shelves.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2010, 04:31:57 pm »

I believe in states where Costco sells booze you can buy it even without a membership. I can't cite the particular law, but they can't refuse to sell you alcohol for some reason.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2010, 05:01:21 pm »

In Kentucky you can only buy beer in grocery stores.  Everything else you have to get at the liquor store, although Kroger is mounting an effort to allow wine sales in groceries.

In Missouri they sell everything in groceries -- beer, wine and hard liquor.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2010, 05:05:15 pm »

Can you buy alcohol in a grocery store in Alabama?  You can't in Texas.  Hard liquor is only sold in "package stores" or liquor stores as we call them.  You can in some parts of Louisiana.  It varies from state to state.  In Oklahoma the package stores can only sell alcohol, nothing else.  In Texas the liquor stores sell other things, I don't know what the limitations are. 

My favorites are the drive through liquor stores in Louisiana with frozen margaritas to go.

In VA it's beer/wine only in the supermarkets (and gas stations/drug stores/7-11s) but that includes things like Lynchburg Lemonade, Mike's, and Smirnoff Ice. ABC stores are all state-run and are also allowed to sell things like sour mix. And nobody can sell liquor (as opposed to serve) between midnight and 6am.

My favorite law is that any restaurant that sells wine by the bottle must let you take an unfinished bottle home. But they have to completely wrap it in paper to avoid open container laws.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2010, 05:08:46 pm »

sweet tea mixed with cheap bourbon. YOU'LL THANK ME.

I walked by a bar this morning that had a promo poster out for some brand of "sweet tea-flavored vodka."  Oy.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2010, 05:21:56 pm »

Jeremiah Weed? I always see it at the bar but I usually stick to beer and whiskey.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2010, 05:26:15 pm »

I walked by a bar this morning that had a promo poster out for some brand of "sweet tea-flavored vodka."  Oy.

Firefly vodka mixed with lemonade.

Really, try it. But only Firefly. It is the Cadillac of sweet-tea vodkas.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2010, 05:26:38 pm »

Alcohol at Costco?  Wow.  That is something.

I will have to do some investigative research into the whole situation when I get there.  Interesting.

Also, I will be asking people to repeat themselves an embarrassing number of times due to the accent issue.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 06:42:18 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up