Doc's Butter Chicken:
Take some chicken, probably whatever was on special. Dice it up real nice, I like strips but you could cube it or whatever size you like.
Cover it in garam masalla powder, the amount you use depends on how strong it is and how much chicken you're using. I usually use about 30 grams of the store bought stuff for 500 grams of chicken. I know this seems like a lot but it's what I need to get the flavour I want, if you like you could use a smaller amount and pre-mix it with the yogurt. Basically you just want to get an even dusting but not encrusted, you can make it up with tumeric, chilli powder and cinnamon to taste if you think you need more.
Now cover it all in plain yogurt and mix it all in together, this is the fun messy bit, keep going until the chicken is coated and the yogurt is an even colour, ideally leave it to marinate in the fridge for half an hour or overnight but you can use it right away if you have to.
Start frying up some thinly chopped onion, garlic and ginger in olive oil or whatever you've got lying around, once the onions gone a bit caramelly throw in the chicken. Once it's browned a bit turn down the heat and toss in some chopped/canned tomatoes and/or tomato paste. Then stir in something like 50 ml of cream. Let it simmer for a while, if you're doing this single handed this is a good time to boil your rice and start shallow frying some papadums (you do have some papadums, don't you?).
After a bit taste your chicken and add tumeric, chilli or cinnamon to taste. Add in any extra veggies you feel like around now too, a bit of potato can be ok, capsicum generally pushes it over the spicy edge for me.
This will produce a fairly sweet, creamy curry, if you want more of a straight curry (or you just don't have them) leave out the cream and tomato as you like, though I think it really needs the tomato paste.