Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 7-11 on 12/12  (Read 10350 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
7-11 on 12/12
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2003, 02:41:57 am »

Quote from: "twelve bottoms"
It is ALARMING that someone feels eating at McDonalds is as normal as taking a piss.

I once ate a chicken sandwich 'thing' at Burger King when I was helping my Uncle to move house.  I was 16 when that happnened.  That's as far as it ever went.


See, there are multiple problems here in the US: first, there is a McDonald's literally in every neighborhood of big cities, and in every small town. There are McDonald's by every off-ramp of every highway. There are McDonald's in every mall food court. There are McDonald's in nearly every Wal-Mart I have been in.

The marketing to children PLUS the convenience to an automobile-associated society PLUS the semi-addictive nature of sugar and fat-laden food (and, it's very predictable in it's offerings and level of quality) has made many people in many parts of this country slaves to McDonalds. I eat at McDonalds maybe three times out of the month, I also pop in for coffee or soda when I feel like I need it. It's so much a habit that it isn't too far from taking a piss (although I worked in very dodgy parts of town in my career so I would never actually go in the bathroom most of the time). In fact, I feel like I should think about it more and consider alternatives more often.

I probably won't though. But I should.,
Logged

Twelvebottoms

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 37
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bumface.co.uk
7-11 on 12/12
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2003, 02:50:31 am »

I once followed my brother into a McDonalds "restaurant".  The enclosure smelled like rotting pork and sounded like screaming babies.  That is all.
Logged
[size=9]The poorly-educated also enjoy Achewood![/size]

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
7-11 on 12/12
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2003, 03:03:09 am »

Quote from: "Twelvebottoms"
I once followed my brother into a McDonalds "restaurant".  The enclosure smelled like rotting pork and sounded like screaming babies.  That is all.


Yea. My ex dragged me into a Burger King once. Which was utterly painful. It was kind of repulsive, with scummy people everywhere too.
And when we went to see Revolutions, Pitman decided to go get a McDonalds on the way back, which meant standing in the place at 11pm or something. And it was vile. It just smells so bad.

Plus, if you don't get mayonnaise you have to kill a member of staff!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
7-11 on 12/12
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2003, 03:23:17 am »

Quote from: "doomglobe"
[...]I could rip his earing out, which I got 150$ for today at the pawn shop...


Dude, that is just *so* wrong.

You mean, "for which I got $150 today at the pawn shop" - watch out for those complex prepositions.

As for the rest of you, with your "they're/there/their" problems, are you just trying to piss me off? Sheesh. And just a day after V-Adore threatened to make it clear to all of us what the differences are.

 :disgusted:


edit: Ah. Filters. Well, ***** you, you ******* filter ***.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
7-11 on 12/12
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2003, 03:28:36 am »

ahem -- earring
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
7-11 on 12/12
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2003, 03:38:32 am »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Well, ***** you, you ******* filter ***.


Quite.
First time I've been really pissed off at them!
Next thing, it'll be throwing apostrophes at our its's.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
7-11 on 12/12
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2003, 05:27:05 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Please understand that I actively detest McDonalds.  I never ever willingly eat their.  However, I must admit that I am taken aback by the idea of never having eaten at one.

On further review and noticing that your location is UK (presumably this stands for the United Kingdom and not the University of Kentucky (Go Big Blue!)) this is somewhat more understandable.


Having just returned from England I can attest that they are every frickin' where.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
7-11 on 12/12
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2003, 06:04:06 am »

Quote from: "slink"
its's.


itses?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
7-11 on 12/12
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2003, 07:50:25 am »

Quote from: "doomglobe"
http://www.holywater.biz/main.html


That's funny.  They're about ten minutes away from here, too.

Maybe I'll stop by and pay them a visit, demand they habeas corpus a rabbi, shaman, witch doctor, and priest for my perusal.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
there, they' re, and there
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2003, 12:06:45 pm »

hey guys I know this is a little off topic, but I just want to clarify:
"there" is a place, "they're" means they are, and "their" is a possessive 3rd person plural.
mixing these words up will earn you my undying hatred for all of eternity.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: their, there, and there
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2003, 02:11:49 pm »

Quote from: "doomglobe"
hey guys I know this is a little off topic, but I just want to clarify:
"their" is a place, "there" means they are, and "there" is a possessive 3rd person plural.
mixing these words up will earn you my undying hatred for all of eternity.


Yes. You're so right!
Whoever censored them up, thankyou you just made my day!

(Although they've done it to you are, contracted, now. Goddamnit! I'm going to start killing people!)
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
7-11 on 12/12
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2003, 04:21:11 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Quote from: "slink"
its's.


itses?


its's, according to my writer'scraft teacher.
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
7-11 on 12/12
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2003, 05:05:02 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"

its's, according to my writer'scraft teacher.


See!
Either way, getting itses and its's wrong is less painful than Jough or JL screwing with all our its and it's!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
7-11 on 12/12
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2003, 06:15:53 pm »

I think JL has had enough fun by this time.

Obscure censors removed.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up