Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 72   Go Down

Author Topic: Aminals  (Read 233090 times)

0 Members and 38 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #510 on: February 04, 2014, 07:05:48 pm »

This was written so well. It made me feel feelings that I wasn't disgusted at.

Also, put in an excellent way, what should be the goal of a writer.

I have a feeling Lileks has been writing parts of that in his head for many years, the way I've been thinking about what photos I will post when the time comes.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #511 on: February 06, 2014, 01:15:10 am »

Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #512 on: February 06, 2014, 02:52:44 am »

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #513 on: February 06, 2014, 04:26:06 am »

tiny dogs always seem inordinately aroused by everyday life. It's like they got Portnoy issues that stem from being stoked on life all the time!
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #514 on: February 18, 2014, 12:21:48 pm »

For reasons beyond my control I now own two parrots, one of which is a macaw.

What the fuck is up with their smell? They have this really strange but pleasant smell, that's somewhere between pixie sticks and pop rocks and fruity pebbles and frankincense and pickled ginger and lemon pledge.

Can any other parrot owners confirm if this is a Thing? Cursory Internet searches just yield crazy parrot people talking about how they get high off of sniffing their parrot.
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #515 on: February 18, 2014, 01:14:59 pm »

Holy shit, that's certainly a thing to come into for reasons beyond your control. I know nothing about parrots except that they will probably outlive you, and that if you don't entertain them enough they go insane. Have fun. At least they don't smell bad!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #516 on: February 18, 2014, 06:29:33 pm »

I love ferrets, but whew, do they have a funk.  Keeping a clean litterbox is as imporant for them as for cats - but even with scrupulous hygiene there is "a wild animal is loose in this house" which hits the nose of a visitor when they come inside.  It doesn't bother me in the slightest, but its been a deal-stopper in my marriage and I'd rather keep my wife than cute, hyperactive if affectionate pet predators.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #517 on: February 18, 2014, 08:02:50 pm »

What the fuck is up with their smell? They have this really strange but pleasant smell

I KNOW MAN. I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #518 on: February 18, 2014, 08:30:19 pm »

I KNOW MAN. I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING.

Is it their preening oil or is it because they eat lots of fruit? Can I get to smell that way if I eat that much fruit?
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #519 on: February 18, 2014, 09:52:25 pm »

I eat way more than my FDA recommended amount (breakfast, lunch, and dinner, plus sometimes as a snack) and I'm as rank as they come.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #520 on: February 19, 2014, 02:11:38 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #522 on: March 01, 2014, 07:04:26 pm »

Today's parrot related shenanigans:

1. Today I learned that my parrot loves the Muppets.
2. Today I learned that my parrot hates Lady Gaga.
3. Today I learned there is a Lady Gaga/Muppets Holiday Special. It is every bit as hilariously awful as it sounds.

My theory is that, between the ornate hairdos, feathered dresses, jerky movements, and huge beaky nose, Scooter believes he is being threatened by a cockatoo.
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #523 on: March 02, 2014, 05:27:26 am »

pug skull

i'm so sorry
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #524 on: March 03, 2014, 05:50:03 pm »

What hath man wrought?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 72   Go Up