Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 72   Go Down

Author Topic: Aminals  (Read 233544 times)

0 Members and 31 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Aminals
« Reply #825 on: September 27, 2016, 09:57:40 pm »

yeah, he was a stray cat before they adopted him from a shelter. He is now the laziest fattest little guy, but we joked about his previous life on the street. all bragging about how many pigeons he took down in his day, which devolves into mumbling, then falling asleep before he finishes the story.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #826 on: September 30, 2016, 03:30:49 pm »

Stupid deer.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #827 on: October 01, 2016, 05:43:18 am »

Said bye to the cat I had been living with, walked outside and saw a stray cat straight-up MURDER a pigeon. North Philly is rough place.

I want this cat.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #828 on: October 14, 2016, 01:03:33 am »

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #829 on: October 15, 2016, 05:16:52 pm »

Car must have hit something and the dogs could smell it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #830 on: October 17, 2016, 07:36:46 pm »

I like the idea of waxing your car with a ham.  Very Looney-toons.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Aminals
« Reply #831 on: October 21, 2016, 01:35:07 am »

I wanna see one of your home-grown eggs fried up next to a store-bought egg. Compare the shades of yellow in the yolks.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #832 on: October 21, 2016, 10:49:28 pm »

I've noticed the same.  My family eats fried egg bagel sandwiches for breakfast and the backyard eggs definitely stand out.  Cracking the eggs is interesting too.  They have much harder, thicker shells than store-bought, and they actually crack instead of crush/shatter.  Very easy to one-hand them without getting shell bits in the skillet or having a finger break into the egg halfway through the process.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #833 on: October 22, 2016, 01:43:26 am »

They have much harder, thicker shells than store-bought, and they actually crack instead of crush/shatter.  Very easy to one-hand them without getting shell bits in the skillet or having a finger break into the egg halfway through the process.

I've noticed that egg shells are more brittle than I remember. I was thinking it was me losing dexterity or something.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #834 on: October 26, 2016, 01:52:32 am »

Can confirm.

When I was a little one my grandfather had a pot bellied pig as a pet.  He like followed him around and stuff.

Within two years it became food.

Now...my grandad was by all accounts a piece of shit in a lot of ways, but...
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #835 on: October 31, 2016, 07:08:50 pm »

Okie's gonna be pissed when you eat that dude.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #836 on: November 04, 2016, 07:53:59 am »

PROTIP: when you go to scratch an oinker on the snout and she tries to food-test your hand/fingers take any free digit and shove it into a nostril like your mining for gold. The face they make as they eject your appendage(s) from their orifice is outstanding.

We need you to provide some visual proof of this.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Aminals
« Reply #837 on: November 05, 2016, 01:51:52 am »

you can pick your friends, and you can pick your pig, but you can't pick your pig's... no, I guess you can if you want.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #838 on: November 07, 2016, 05:40:23 pm »

Ugh.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Aminals
« Reply #839 on: November 07, 2016, 05:52:32 pm »

Quote
you can pick your friends, and you can pick your pig, but you can't pick your pig's... no, I guess you can if you want.

Totally bungled this.

It's: you can pick your nose, and you can pick your pig, but you can't pick your pig's... no, I guess you can if you want.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 72   Go Up