Only because the US team is such as a bag of rocks, covered in dried saliva. Give us a team with a chance of being 0.001% relevant in the sport and that might shift.
Remember, we're an immigrant nation. That makes it easy to find ancestors who were poor as owl dung and were probably good at a game as simple as something round and a patch of dirt and feet.
don't get me wrong, I am OK with soccer/football. Once I started viewing it as an unending tapestry of potential athletic artistry mixed with on-the-fly tactics it got cool in my head.
I like you a lot.
US are growing steadily more relevant in football, wouldn't be surprised to see you do well in this World Cup
I don't actually really follow sports. If I were home right now, I would be watching the games with my Grandfather probably, and he is Chilean. I guess I don't really get to pick a favorite team since I am not watching.
Well, if you need to speak to him about it, make sure you memorise these 3 things
1. Alexis Sanchez is the greatest young player in the world
2. Bielsa is alright for an Argentinian
3. 3-3-1-3 will take over the world inspired by Chile
And you'll be fine