Christ, I'm sorry I ever grew up liking football!
For all the issue I could take with you LFM I won't, that's all old ground but I am not going to let you get away with the 'fringe sport' tag. It's down a fair way on the list of America's most widely-followed sports, granted. I still don't see how it can upset you that the single biggest sporting event in the entire world is being shown by ESPN. I'm not the biggest fan of tennis but I can't really get pissy at the BBC for trying to turn us all into tennis fans for a few weeks during Wimbledon, simply because I recognise most people quite like massive sporting events even if they don't normally like it.
Who follows the 100m championships or pole vaulting or clay pigeon shooting whilst the Olympics aren't on? Pretty much no-one. Doesn't mean I begrudge the TV companies for taking these 'fringe sports' and plastering them on the TV 24 hours a day. If I don't like, I don't watch, I certainly don't bitch about it.
just because something is fun and provides positive emotions doesn't mean it isn't also destructive and doesn't come with negative consequences. you should try to be aware of the consequences of actions.
Not going to argue with you. If I was a perfect person I probably wouldn't let sports work me up the way they do as it is certainly irrational to invest that much emotion into something so relatively meaningless. Positive emotions certainly can be destructive, but hey, it's a short life, I'm sure one more lad following football isn't doing anyone any harm. Without the fun and release football provides I'd probably resort to trolling tiny messageboards on the internet or auto-asphyxiation or something
ANYWAY NONE OF THIS MATTERS
WE ARE PLAYING GERMANY LATER
I AM SHITTING IT