Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuck summer  (Read 19901 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #120 on: August 31, 2010, 02:52:29 pm »

It hovered around 104 F multiple times in July and Aug, and it'll get down to -22 F or lower in four months.  I like the marked changes of season, but I'd take 104 F over -22 F any day.

PS - nice pool Ash.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2010, 05:16:37 pm »

I wish I had a spot for a pool. We may someday have a hot tub.

It got up to the mid 90s this year, but in general the summer here kind of sucked and appears to be over now.

Also: nice pool, A.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 05:20:24 pm by Nabubrush drinks (a lot) »
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2010, 05:26:16 pm »

On the positive tip, we saw Crowded House, Toad the Wet Sprocket (again), Misfits (again - sorry, Wombles), Buzzcocks (holy crap that was an awesome show) and the Dead Weather. Also we went on a cruise.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2010, 05:48:18 pm »

We flew down to Miami and hung out there for a day or two (a place I would not like to live) and then cruised to the Bahamas for four days, then back for another couple days in Miami. Just a touch rainy, but a lot of fun.

I should mention that at the Buzzcocks show I got to do something I never thought I'd have the opportunity to do: headbutt a blind guy.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2010, 05:50:55 pm »

...I got to do something I never thought I'd have the opportunity to do: headbutt a blind guy.

[[flabbergasted]]
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2010, 06:11:47 pm »

Live the dream, Nabu.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2010, 08:49:55 pm »

I should mention that at the Buzzcocks show I got to do something I never thought I'd have the opportunity to do: headbutt a blind guy.

Oh man... there have been a few things I have done for a blind guy that I never thought I would.  I think I mentioned once upon a time, how I briefly worked at a porn video store and chose porn for a blind guy, but beyond that, there was an outage of my time here when I worked in HIV care and some disturbing interactons with a different blind guy. I could tell tails.  They are of "the saddest thing" variety.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2010, 11:29:02 pm »

I'm a bit surprised I didn't just go to like -13,000 cans.

To be fair, it was a crazy slapstick kind of headbutt. I was trying to help him look for his jacket which he'd left under a chair, and we both leaned over at the same time and I clocked him in the eyebrow. He had a look on his face like "this is all I fuck*ng need". I thought it was pretty funny.

And by look for I mean look for in my case and grope for in his.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #128 on: September 01, 2010, 11:34:10 pm »

What does a blind guy do with porn?  Listen to the moans?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #129 on: September 02, 2010, 02:07:37 am »

He goes to porn stores to hear the cashier girl talk to him about porn.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #130 on: September 02, 2010, 01:18:13 pm »

What does a blind guy do with porn?  Listen to the moans?

My thoughts exactly.  "Super Screamers #7."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #131 on: September 02, 2010, 07:30:46 pm »

No he was into DP/anal, or this is what the store owner's mail-order Russian bride told me when she was training me anyway.  I'm pretty sure renting them was a part of the deal for him though.  He was apologetic and told me he was a "bad man" for renting them, and 17 year old me was like " no... you're... um... not, I guess... That will be $12.89."  At the time, I didn't know what DP was by the way - I mean I figured it out by the pictures on the cases, but even then I didn't know it was... at the same time.  This was back before the internet was a serious thing.  An innocent time before Napster and such.

This is a thing that happened, in real life. It still baffles me.

Oh, man.  Napster.  What a throw-back.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 03:04:17 am by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #132 on: September 03, 2010, 02:46:21 am »

How many blind men does it take to find DP pornography on the internet?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 05:40:09 am by JorgeFabregas »
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #133 on: September 03, 2010, 03:07:02 am »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #134 on: September 03, 2010, 03:09:35 am »

Or this:
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up