Say, can you tell us about Pedro and that movie?
She's letting me tell it. While I think Pedro is a fun moniker for a blindingly white-skinned person, I was actually born with the equally unlikely name Adrian.
One day while I was proctoring the SAT (Scholastic Achievment Test), I told the kidlets to call me Mr. Dunston. One of the girls responded, "Like Dunston Checks In." I smiled painfully because I like my name and don't like apes, but I decided to go with it.
"Yeah," I said. "Actually, my first name's Adrian like Mrs. Balboa. You know. Yo Adriaaaan." They stared. "You know, Rocky?"
The girl kind of smirked. "I think that was before our time."
Just before saying
I hadn't been born in 1978 either but I've heard of Rocky Balboa, I remebered hearing on NPR the night before that Sylvester Stallone's last two movies had gone straight to video, and that he was pretty much washed up for all time. I can't understand it. I mean. Who could forget Rocky III with Mr. T? The man could do no wrong. (Except maybe Rocky V, but that's not the point.)
I've since given up. Wife, job, mortgage. I haven't been alive a quarter century, but I'm already old.
I ended up telling the administrators that I had caught the girl cheating on her SAT.