Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris Onstad does not wear makeup. Life hasn't given him any funny ideas about who he is.

Poll

Favorite Hotdog Condiment

Mustard
Ketchup
Mayonaise
Hotdog Sauce
Ranch Dressing (WTF?)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Hotdogs! (Formerly Tacos!)  (Read 25469 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Tacos!
« Reply #135 on: July 21, 2010, 12:45:25 am »

Any hot dog with ketchup is "child style".

That's it.

Many many many people in the real world have agreed with me on this.

By whatever measure it is where you stop being a child and become a teenager or whatever, you stop taking ketchup on a hot dog.

This is important.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Tacos!
« Reply #136 on: July 21, 2010, 01:08:31 am »

I haven't eaten meat in five years, but, when it comes to hotdogs, you can put anything yer heart desires on there and still be an adult.  Quality sausages are different, but just a shitty old hot dog?  Who cares?  Make this is an east coast thing, what with yer quality hebrew hot dogs?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Tacos!
« Reply #137 on: July 21, 2010, 01:08:41 am »

I'm with LFM on this one.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Tacos!
« Reply #138 on: July 21, 2010, 01:29:11 am »

Any hot dog with ketchup is "child style".

That's it.

Many many many people in the real world have agreed with me on this.

By whatever measure it is where you stop being a child and become a teenager or whatever, you stop taking ketchup on a hot dog.

This is important.

I think you've hit the nail on the head, sir.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Tacos!
« Reply #139 on: July 21, 2010, 01:42:16 am »

This is not to say that I do not believe in doing crazy shit with hot dogs. I lived in Los Angeles for a fifth of my life. I understand that some people wanna do big crazy shit with their hot dogs because it is a way to gourmetize a fundamentally affordable and fun foodstuff. That's fine if that's your thing. It ain't mine but do what you dig...

Except ketchup.

I basically have two prefered modes of 'dog, Home and Ballpark.

Home: brown mustard, nothing else. Ballpark: yellow mustard, diced onions.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Tacos!
« Reply #140 on: July 21, 2010, 02:28:51 am »

I basically like every variety of hotdog.  They are all good.

I'm even not opposed to ketchup on a hotdog.  Hell, I'd even choose ketchup over mayonnaise, so it's not that terrible of an idea.  Mustard is almost always the way to go of course, but I'll happily settle for ketchup.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Tacos!
« Reply #141 on: July 21, 2010, 02:31:17 am »

Mayo on a hotdog sounds gross, yeah, but I'd at least listen to the arguement.

Unlike 'chup.

Unless you're five.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Tacos!
« Reply #142 on: July 21, 2010, 07:20:17 am »

i like ketchup on almost everything that anyone puts ketchup on.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Tacos!
« Reply #143 on: July 21, 2010, 09:01:24 am »

it's OK, he is just trying to find a developmental milestone that isn't "you are a grown-up when you stop liking guns and roses."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Tacos!
« Reply #144 on: July 21, 2010, 10:56:16 am »

I don't wanna sound like a dick, too, but all ketchup tastes the same and I hardly use it on anything anymore.  Been there done that, amirite?  Give me an interesting mustard I've never tried before, please.  On a burger, I'll take some Sweet Baby Ray's, or a kind of hot sauce I haven't tasted yet.  Ketchup is old news and I go to the ends of the earth just to try something new.
Logged
ACHIEVE

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Tacos!
« Reply #145 on: July 21, 2010, 01:15:43 pm »

On a burger, I'll take some Sweet Baby Ray's,

That shit tastes like ketchup.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Tacos!
« Reply #146 on: July 21, 2010, 01:29:14 pm »

What Ash said.  I don't always get a hot dog at the ballpark, but when I do, I put ketchup, mustard and onions on it.  Fuck all y'all if you don't like it.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Tacos!
« Reply #147 on: July 21, 2010, 01:50:52 pm »

What Ash said.  I don't always get a hot dog at the ballpark, but when I do, I put ketchup, mustard and onions on it.  Fuck all y'all if you don't like it.

Damn right.  I'll eat my hot dog with chocolate syrup and shards of glass -- JUST LIKE MY DADDY DID!!! You effete intellectual hot dog nazis trying to tell people what they can and can't eat.  It's downright UNAMERICAN!!!  Commies.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Tacos!
« Reply #148 on: July 21, 2010, 01:55:40 pm »

So are we broadening this discussion to starch food surrounding proteins?  Or maybe just street foods?

If so, I must add that a falafel pita is rad.  With all that garlic sauce up in there?  Yeah.  That's the shit man. 

Then again, I've had some rough falafels in my day:  there are good falafels (crispy outside, tender inside, not dry as hell) and bad falafels (hard, dry/powdery, overspiced).

Falafels.  They are a thing worth considering.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Tacos!
« Reply #149 on: July 21, 2010, 02:00:54 pm »

Damn right.  I'll eat my hot dog with chocolate syrup and shards of glass -- JUST LIKE MY DADDY DID!!! You effete intellectual hot dog nazis trying to tell people what they can and can't eat.  It's downright UNAMERICAN!!!  Commies.

You guys know that this is a joke, right?  I don't really eat chocolate syrup and broken glass on my hot dogs.  That would be gross and painful.

You know what I really put on my hot dogs?


Tacos.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14   Go Up