speaking of TV and such
this documentary
http://www.cbc.ca/ideas/episodes/2009/11/13/the-brains-of-babes-part-13-cd/told me that educational software (I guess that could include TV shows) actually makes kids dumber, not smarter.
point being is that kids need dynamic and complex feedback based on their own behavior if they are to learn to develop that behavior into anything. Whereas, TV shows and educational software generally ain't that complex in their reactions to your kid. You're kid can smear poop on the keyboard and the software will still say "GOOD JOB!!!" same goes for these fuck!ng so-called interactive toys they make now.
I think the muppets are probably kinda somewhat exempt from this general rule, as that is a medium that really forces the viewer to use his or her imagination, kinda in the same way that a black and white photo can be more beautiful than the same photo in colour... when your brain is required to fill in the blanks in a complex and dynamic way, hey, your brain enjoys that. But that's damn tricky to do. I got a high-end digital SLR that can snap pictures so fast it winds up being a jerky video if I feed it all into an animated GIF, but all my pictures still look like shit. I ain't got no artistic sense. not when it comes to photography anyway.
here is more reading:
http://www.truth-out.org/how-disney-magic-and-corporate-media-shape-youth-identity-digital-age62008I guess the above article is sort of relevant to the question of 'how to dress'
I don't have kids, but I have more and more friends with kids
I feel sorry for kids these days having to grow up in a TV landscape populated with the likes of Hannah Montanna. That shit is basically like, the result of too much hard core drugs. sesame street, back in the day, was cool. Then one day Oscar the Grouch started cooking meth in his trash can and that show hasn't been the same since.
Isn't there any decent stoner TV for kids to watch anymore these days? I mean, other than
These guys? ICP means well, but damn, they're a few bricks short of a load.