I appreciate the offers of help and I might eventually follow through on them but, right now, feeling like I'm letting people down by not immediately engaging their kind offers and/or getting feelings of inadequacy piled on top of feelings of inadequacy by people who misread my personality as being spurred by negative reinforcement when there is nothing that motivates me less than having my ten thousand previous mistakes pointed out...
Just to be clear, my offer stands pretty much forever. There's no rush; do what you need to do. From these cheap seats over here, I can't tell if you're balking of if you're in the middle of A Real Thing, so I'm not gonna say anything else about it or nag you or anything. You know how to find me when you're ready.
Tomorrow: Chicken
I have started using "Tomorrow Chicken" as a metaphor for broken promises, particularly those used to placate or bargain.
"You always say you'll clean the kitchen before bed, but it's all just Tomorrow Chicken."
"That's the problem with politics today -- it's all Pork and Tomorrow Chicken."
"I swear I'll clean out the attic this week. I'm not trying to feed you Tomorrow Chicken."