Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: i am not cool when...  (Read 4620 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: i am not cool when...
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2010, 07:11:12 pm »

We have instituted an allowance, which is dependent on their completing simple chores, and on their getting ready for bed in a timely fashion (and come Sept. 7, getting ready for school in a timely fashion).  So they are fine being told what to do, so long as there is financial gain involved.  That is to say, we are preparing them well for their future as tools of the capitalist machine.

My parents never gave me an allowance, nor did I have set chores to do. (It was more of a "come help me with this" whenever I was foolish enough to hang around nearby when Mom was doing housework.) And when I wanted something, they either bought it for me or explained to me why it wasn't a good idea for me to have it.

This is probably why I'm a government-loving socialist now.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his need...and let Big Brother tell you what's good for you, if you know what's good for you...
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: i am not cool when...
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2010, 07:24:04 pm »

I'm not cool when I call in sick to work, then  spend most of my time in my sick bed thinking about work, solving work-related problems and otherwise working things out for work, rather than... you know watching cartoons.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: i am not cool when...
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2010, 08:05:21 pm »

I'm not cool when I promised to read a friend's script for him promptly and then I stayed up all night listening to "Perfect from Now On" and watching little internet films making fun of bad movies.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: i am not cool when...
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2010, 08:26:46 pm »

I'm not cool when I ... stayed up all night listening to "Perfect from Now On"

DOES NOT COMPUTE!
ERROR ON LINE STOP MAKING THAT SOUND

Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: i am not cool when...
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2010, 09:20:44 pm »

I saw Built to Spill last year. Brett Nelson (I think) said "here's a game where people guess who's on Doug's shirt" - it was Vonnegut, but people were shouting shit like Jerry Garcia (Doug's response? "Who is Larry Garcia?"). I couldn't hear what he said, but then my wife told me later. I went up to the stage where they are all dicking around after the show, and I shook Doug's hand and said "Kurt Vonnegut" and he told me I won and gave me a drumstick.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: i am not cool when...
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2010, 09:42:46 pm »

i am not cool when i get my ass handed to me by a 3 year old girl after an entire afternoon of lets-go-look-at-field-corn-and-stomp-the-remnants-of-the-stalks-into-the-ground/piggy-back ride adventure/looking for squirrels/tag/hide-and-go-seek.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: i am not cool when...
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2010, 10:04:55 pm »

Well then maybe you should make some friends your own age, dude.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: i am not cool when...
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2010, 10:07:17 pm »

I am not cool when I am half delirious from an ear infection.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: i am not cool when...
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2010, 03:28:34 am »

... I'm cleaning up blight-riddled, rotten tomatoes and have slug get on my hand and dance around on the spot going "eww, eww, ewwwww!"
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: i am not cool when...
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2010, 02:01:02 pm »

You are all cool in your own way.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: i am not cool when...
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2010, 08:22:04 pm »

I am not cool when I am watching the entire six season run of Leave it to Beaver and enjoying it immensely.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: i am not cool when...
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2010, 04:42:26 pm »

... when i pedantically explain to my neighbor that douches are for pu$$ys and enemas are for colons.

he was not cool either.

not a very cool moment, altogether.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: i am not cool when...
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2010, 04:47:18 pm »

Technically, couldn't you say that douchebags are for pussies and enemas are for assholes?

Is there a slang term for enema-related paraphernalia that doubles as an insult? If so, there may be some cleverness in that conversation yet.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up