Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: floods in pakistan  (Read 8897 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: floods in pakistan
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2010, 03:21:57 pm »

Also, to get a little perspective I looked up the size of the country.  I was surprised to discover that Pakistan is basically 4 times the size of Texas.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: floods in pakistan
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2010, 04:42:05 pm »

Nonsense. NOTHING is bigger than Texas.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: floods in pakistan
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2010, 04:54:21 pm »

Last week one of DC United's supporter groups was selling t-shirts that say "We Mess with Texas" in United colors (black & white). Making these in burgundy and gold would a a license to print money. Not to mention a lawsuit from Dan Snyder.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: floods in pakistan
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2010, 06:42:17 pm »

I'm just wondering, is this a more or less normal occurrence in Pakistan or is this a freak flood?

Isn't Pakistan always having some kind of natural disaster or another? I think it was just a really bad spot to locate a country.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: floods in pakistan
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2010, 08:42:22 pm »

is fanta someone's multi?
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: floods in pakistan
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2010, 08:56:51 pm »

Isn't Pakistan always having some kind of natural disaster or another? I think it was just a really bad spot to locate a country.
That would be Turkey.  Also Iran sometimes.  Turkey should be a black hole with all the social and tectonic forces acting on it.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: floods in pakistan
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2010, 10:49:38 pm »

is fanta someone's multi?
Fanta is the resident troll. Hes had a couple dozen names so far.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

fanta

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -32
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 128
    • View Profile
Re: floods in pakistan
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2010, 06:10:59 am »

yeah I'm Mr. Wonderful

Based on any so-called objective measure you'd care to name, I both humbly and sincerely doubt that.

Okay... we doing this then.  I guess it depends on how we define being smart.

One test we could do is we each register a new account on assetbar, and see who can get the most chubbies.  First one to 10 comments with 10 chubbies wins.  Or something like that.

Alternatively, maybe an online IQ test. 

Alternatively, we could compare c*ck sizes. 
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: floods in pakistan
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2010, 12:50:56 pm »

Or first person to get a fuck*ng life. AW wins.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: floods in pakistan
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2010, 01:39:01 pm »


One test we could do is we each register a new account on assetbar, and see who can get the most chubbies. 

Yeah, they love you over there.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: floods in pakistan
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2010, 04:24:29 pm »


Okay... we doing this then.  I guess it depends on how we define being smart.


Dude, I don't know if you know who you're dealing with. AW was on Jeopardy!, and brought the Win on Day 1.

That's pretty much all you need to know. Winning on Jeopardy! == smarter than everyone else here (except maybe Wombat, who has a PhD).
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: floods in pakistan
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2010, 05:23:34 pm »

Nah, AW was smart enough not to get a PhD.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

fanta

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -32
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 128
    • View Profile
Re: floods in pakistan
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2010, 06:53:02 pm »

Jeopardy! is all rigged.  They feed them the answers through brain implants.  Sometimes when they get the camera angle wrong you can see the shadow of the wires coming out the back of their heads.  At least that was in the beginning I'm sure it's wireless nowadays.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: floods in pakistan
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2010, 07:09:28 pm »

Jeopardy! is all rigged.  They feed them the answers through brain implants.  Sometimes when they get the camera angle wrong you can see the shadow of the wires coming out the back of their heads.  At least that was in the beginning I'm sure it's wireless nowadays.

yes, they totally do jeopardy wirelessly nowadays.

Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: floods in pakistan
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2010, 07:47:24 pm »

So anyway, back to the floods in Pakistan...  Nah, I'm just jerking your chain.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up