Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Future porn  (Read 6263 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

fanta

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -32
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 128
    • View Profile
Re: Future porn
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2010, 10:56:24 pm »

I'm sorry, I think the foldaway bed is great, I'm just sayin', the solution to the ills of our time is not to be found in new inventions of technology, it is to be found in how we share resources, and how we manage the use of existing technologies.  So the only new technological invention that would truly help us would be of the information technology variety.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Future porn
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 02:11:46 am »

(T)he solution to the ills of our time is not to be found in new inventions of technology, it is to be found in how we share resources, and how we manage the use of existing technologies.  So the only new technological invention that would truly help us would be of the information technology variety.

I was waiting for someone to figure everything out. Thanks for this.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Future porn
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2010, 02:52:08 am »

when were hungry, information technology will keep us alive.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Future porn
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2010, 03:31:34 am »

I'm sorry, I think the foldaway bed is great, I'm just sayin', the solution to the ills of our time is not to be found in new inventions of technology, it is to be found in how we share resources, and how we manage the use of existing technologies.  So the only new technological invention that would truly help us would be of the information technology variety.
You're fuck*ng retarded.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

fanta

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -32
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 128
    • View Profile
Re: Future porn
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2010, 03:37:37 am »

I was waiting for someone to figure everything out. Thanks for this.

I sense sarcasm, Captain Picard... I don't think it's safe for us to approach...

Logged

fanta

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -32
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 128
    • View Profile
Re: Future porn
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2010, 03:39:04 am »

You're fuck*ng retarded.

okay...  you don't like logic? 
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Future porn
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2010, 05:14:21 pm »

okay...  you don't like logic? 

I know I wasn't around when everyone went down this road, but . . . well, you're in your twenties, right?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

fanta

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -32
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 128
    • View Profile
Re: Future porn
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2010, 07:39:24 pm »

early to mid 30's.  but age means nothing.  I am simultaneously wise beyond my years and retarded.  It depends on the subject matter.  So I dunno if maybe you are calling me retarded for failure to integrate some kind of socialization gradient into my logic or something, but generally speaking, my logic is pretty strong.  except when it's weak.  But yeah, I'm like rain man in my logic, sometimes.  I understand shit like... like Neo from the Matrix, man.  I see the system around us.  anyway, you're all dissing on me and stuff, well, whatever dude, if I were you, I'd kill myself.  ha ha ha.  See what I did there.  I'm happy to be me.  so anyway, I (me) was trying to share some logic with others (you included) but you all are like "you're retarded" and you know what... I think you all of you who feels that way just don't like logic.  you're all logic haters.  you want some nice vision of the world that is the way you see it, but you know what, I think your retarded!!!  so their!!!!
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Future porn
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2010, 08:42:19 pm »

You seem like a guy who likes to hear people agree with you, so I'm going to suggest the documentary named Collapse. I bought this movie the other day and couldn't bare the moon man logic the guy uses, but you, you would enjoy it.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Future porn
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2010, 08:55:01 pm »

Is that based on the book with the same name by Jared Diamond?   
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Future porn
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2010, 12:25:32 am »

I must have missed seeing some stuff in what I wrote up there.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Future porn
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2010, 01:16:12 am »

Is that based on the book with the same name by Jared Diamond?  
No its based on some space cadet's assumptions that technology will never advance and human society will just let itself crumble into oblivion rather than continue to do what it has done since the beginning of time and develop unique and innovative ways to solve our problems.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

fanta

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -32
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 128
    • View Profile
Re: Future porn
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2010, 01:45:41 am »

run on sentence ahead...

The human society which is developing unique and innovative technologies to solve problems is only a small percentage of human society.  The vast majority of human society isn't innovating at all, rather it is just stagnating and trying to survive, and that minority of human society which is innovating really has, since the beginning of recorded history, yet to do anything substantial to improve the quality of life of the vast majority of human society, and indeed to the contrary, 'innovation' has not improved the quality of life for the majority of human society, rather it has lowered the quality of life for the majority of human society, to wit all those suffering in 2nd and 3rd world countries... these countries have adopted various economic innovations and technological innovations, and are far worse off for it than when people there were happily existing in pre-industrial society.  Moreover, all of that high-quality-of-life in the '1st world' which you equate with technological innovation, sure to some extent it's a product of technological innovation, but keep in mind that a central ingredient of '1st world' quality of life is the exploitation of the 2nd and 3rd world for cheap labour and cheap raw materials.  Show me some society where the majority of technological innovation positively impacting quality of life isn't married at the hip with extensive exploitation...  You're seeing only one site of technological innovation, without seeing the full picture of the actual reality of the situation.

I don't care if you disagree with me, but merely stating so is boring.  It might be interesting to hear why you disagree with me.*

*(it could not be interesting because you are wrong.)


« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 01:50:32 am by fanta »
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Future porn
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2010, 02:27:25 am »

That's why I'm moving to Mars.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Future porn
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2010, 02:44:12 am »

Are you seriously suggesting that technological innovations haven't improved the quality of life for the majority of humans?  What about Norman Borlaug?  What about anti-biotics?  Whether or not these sorts of technologies are beneficial in the long run remains to be seen, but life expectancy has improved for the majority of humans. 

Also, you're making a huge unsupported assumption when you suggest that every person in a 2d or 3d world country is suffering and that they're suffering worse than in pre-industrial times.  Cite?  Aren't you romanticizing pre-industrial times a little?  Or a lot?  What makes you think subsistence farming was an idyllic existence?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up