Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that there is no way to put a picture of a pug in the News Box?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Citizen Kane's Stupid Wife's Musical Sucks Worse than Anything Else 8/24  (Read 10465 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Citizen Kane's Stupid Wife's Musical Sucks Worse than Anything Else 8/24
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2010, 11:16:56 pm »

if anybody can be trusted to reprise the role, the dude will abide.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Citizen Kane's Stupid Wife's Musical Sucks Worse than Anything Else 8/24
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2010, 12:17:16 am »

I see they are getting Matt Damon to reprise Glen Campbells role.  That's pretty good casting 'cos Matt Damon can't act either.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Citizen Kane's Stupid Wife's Musical Sucks Worse than Anything Else 8/24
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 03:06:09 am »

I watched The Shootist a couple weeks ago.  What a great, but odd movie.  Doubt it could get made today.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Citizen Kane's Stupid Wife's Musical Sucks Worse than Anything Else 8/24
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2010, 03:21:16 am »

I saw the Shootist in the theater when it was first released.  I won't say it's Wayne's best movie, but it's up there.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Citizen Kane's Stupid Wife's Musical Sucks Worse than Anything Else 8/24
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2010, 03:56:09 am »

Man, say whatever you want about westerns, but if you start talking bad about Sergio Leone westerns we gonna have a problem.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Citizen Kane's Stupid Wife's Musical Sucks Worse than Anything Else 8/24
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2010, 04:40:12 am »

(the new) 3:10 to yuma is what got me interested in westerns.  also, pale rider is the shit on toast.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Citizen Kane's Stupid Wife's Musical Sucks Worse than Anything Else 8/24
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2010, 05:03:41 am »

the new 3:10 to yuma is dung compared to the original.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Citizen Kane's Stupid Wife's Musical Sucks Worse than Anything Else 8/24
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2010, 06:05:23 am »

the new 3:10 to yuma is dung compared to the original.

I try to avoid remakes because that sentiment is almost always true.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

fanta

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -32
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 128
    • View Profile
Re: Citizen Kane's Stupid Wife's Musical Sucks Worse than Anything Else 8/24
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2010, 08:10:51 am »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yojimbo_%28film%29

my favorite western.  eastern.  whatever.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Citizen Kane's Stupid Wife's Musical Sucks Worse than Anything Else 8/24
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2010, 09:29:26 am »

Yeah, that is classic.  And the other one in the series.

Plus, the remake of that starts the greatest movie Trilogy ever.  Probably the only good one (Return of the Jedi blows, and the first one ain't to great either (it is pretty good)).

I always hated movies, except the Big Lebowski, until like last year, when I saw the good the bad and the ugly.  Same thing happened with music and Dylan, now I like all music but it took about four years to stop listening to Dylan's six good albums over and over again.  Right now I just want to watch like, both the Japanese and Western Man Without a Name series, the Big Lebowski and maybe Once Upon a Time in the West.  I recently saw the first three Star Wars, but don't really have a desire to see them again, probably ever.

What I am saying is that is a good movie.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Citizen Kane's Stupid Wife's Musical Sucks Worse than Anything Else 8/24
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2010, 10:12:35 am »

Can I count no Country for old men as a western?

Suziyaki Western Django was cool too.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Citizen Kane's Stupid Wife's Musical Sucks Worse than Anything Else 8/24
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2010, 01:22:19 pm »

...Dylan's six good albums...

Say what now?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Citizen Kane's Stupid Wife's Musical Sucks Worse than Anything Else 8/24
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2010, 01:24:12 pm »

I try to avoid remakes because that sentiment is almost always true.

I dunno, that 6th remake of The Wizard of Oz was pretty good. </asshole>
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: Citizen Kane's Stupid Wife's Musical Sucks Worse than Anything Else 8/24
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2010, 02:34:40 pm »

I dunno, that 6th remake of The Wizard of Oz was pretty good. </asshole>

the wiz?

on topic:
i'm not a big john wayne fan. 

clint, though, i would kill a man to set up a time warp so that guy coulda been my granpa.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Citizen Kane's Stupid Wife's Musical Sucks Worse than Anything Else 8/24
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2010, 03:25:31 pm »

I dunno, that 6th remake of The Wizard of Oz was pretty good. </asshole>

the wiz?

No, the 6th remake is the one you've heard of. Judy Garland etc. Hence my comment about me being an asshole.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up