Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Listen, I've been duped by "English-speaking" pizza places before.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Citizen Kane's Stupid Wife's Musical Sucks Worse than Anything Else 8/24  (Read 10469 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Citizen Kane's Stupid Wife's Musical Sucks Worse than Anything Else 8/24
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2010, 04:47:41 pm »

the new 3:10 to yuma is dung compared to the original.

we'll see about that.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Citizen Kane's Stupid Wife's Musical Sucks Worse than Anything Else 8/24
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2010, 05:13:07 pm »

i dunno man i can't reconcile the genre with his accent
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Citizen Kane's Stupid Wife's Musical Sucks Worse than Anything Else 8/24
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2010, 09:26:52 pm »

I don't like the Kurosawa I've seen either. I do not have the attention span.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Citizen Kane's Stupid Wife's Musical Sucks Worse than Anything Else 8/24
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2010, 11:35:03 pm »

Say what now?

We've had this discussion before, no? Ain't no reason why it can't be covered again.

By my count, there are at least 8 great Dylan albums. And to me, nearly every Dylan album is good. It seems like most of the Dylan fans here like Highway 61 best, but I prefer Blonde on Blonde, and it is one of the greatest albums ever made. Anyone else see this yet? I totally have a boner for it.

Edit: I really like the strip and remember nothing about Citizen Kane.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Citizen Kane's Stupid Wife's Musical Sucks Worse than Anything Else 8/24
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2010, 01:08:24 am »

We have done this before.  The freewheelin, times are a changing, another side of, bringing it all back home, highway 61, and blonde on blonde.  Highway 61 prob my least fav, bringing it all back home or another side of fav followed by blonde on blonde.  If not for last 2 songs on highway 61 Dylan would have 5 classic records.  I also listen to John westley Harding, Nashville skyline and the one with if dogs run free and the man in me, but those ain't classics.  Sorry about shorthand and for doing this again.  On phone, when home from work will take this in a dif way.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Citizen Kane's Stupid Wife's Musical Sucks Worse than Anything Else 8/24
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2010, 01:10:07 am »

Anyone else see this yet? I totally have a boner for it.

I think, to fully appreciate that collection you need to get yourself a vintage record player, invite some smart friends over to drink wine and smoke cigarettes while you listen to them.  In between selections you can take turns reading from the Greil Marcus essay.  Everyone should be wearing vintage clothes as well.  If possible you should be in a loft apartment and everything should be in black and white.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: Citizen Kane's Stupid Wife's Musical Sucks Worse than Anything Else 8/24
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2010, 06:47:31 pm »

I think, to fully appreciate that collection you need to get yourself a vintage record player, invite some smart friends over to drink wine and smoke cigarettes while you listen to them.  In between selections you can take turns reading from the Greil Marcus essay.  Everyone should be wearing vintage clothes as well.  If possible you should be in a loft apartment and everything should be in black and white.

Oh man, old school!

I'm not sure I can get with any list of great Bob Dylan albums that stops at Blond on Blond.  John Wesley Harding and Blood on the Tracks gotta be there.  I'd also put the Basements Tapes in there even though I'm not sure those are an album.

I've never been able to give his late-70's Christian phase my time.  Today's Bob Dylan is entertaining enough in an insane way.  Don't tell me nobody wants to go to Christmas Island.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Citizen Kane's Stupid Wife's Musical Sucks Worse than Anything Else 8/24
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2010, 06:55:29 pm »

i have no interest in christmas island
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Citizen Kane's Stupid Wife's Musical Sucks Worse than Anything Else 8/24
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2010, 06:57:04 pm »

Slow Train Coming is a great album.  Infidels is a greaaat album.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Citizen Kane's Stupid Wife's Musical Sucks Worse than Anything Else 8/24
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2010, 07:41:12 pm »

Modern Times is a fantastic album.  It's become one of my favorite Dylan albums frankly.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: Citizen Kane's Stupid Wife's Musical Sucks Worse than Anything Else 8/24
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2010, 08:51:36 pm »

i have no interest in christmas island

It's right next to Drinkin' Island.  Some folks say they're the same.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Citizen Kane's Stupid Wife's Musical Sucks Worse than Anything Else 8/24
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2010, 09:45:55 pm »

i have no interest in christmas island
In reality, Christmas island is a hell hole infested with about 500 trillion red crabs that cripple the island.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH55iTS_FMY
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: Citizen Kane's Stupid Wife's Musical Sucks Worse than Anything Else 8/24
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2010, 06:22:31 am »

In reality, Christmas island is a hell hole infested with about 500 trillion red crabs that cripple the island.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH55iTS_FMY

Nuts to reality.  If half those crabs aren't green...
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Citizen Kane's Stupid Wife's Musical Sucks Worse than Anything Else 8/24
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2010, 02:08:27 pm »

it serves those people right for building their island in the middle of the crab migration route.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Citizen Kane's Stupid Wife's Musical Sucks Worse than Anything Else 8/24
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2010, 03:32:14 pm »

Did you see the crab at 1:46, I called that one the JL crab. She looks so excited.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up