Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: NCAA BCS series 2010  (Read 25028 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2010, 02:48:00 pm »

It's an interesting experience, isn't it? I go to work, and my boss and I and like 10 - 20 other people just talk about football all week long. Then I come home and I don't know anyone who gives a shit about it. College, pro, Pop Warner, any of it. Strange.

It's just something to talk about, you know?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2010, 02:48:33 pm »

It's just something to talk about, you know?

You take that back.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2010, 03:50:36 am »

I predict Oklahoma gets their asses handed to them by Mizzou.

Damn, should have put some money on it.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2010, 04:43:14 am »

Sorry, OU always beats Missouri I thought?

Mainly bummed about OSU still.  And mainly that the game between them means nothing now.


See, you went to OU, only after you went to OSU and thought it was an awful place, though maybe more fun.  I couldn't buy records, mushrooms or coke there, unlike Norman.  So you root for OU all year and then secretly hope they lose to OSU, making victory all the more sweet.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2010, 01:02:50 am »

It appears I must revise my earlier statement to predict a loss this week..  Auburn isn't the underdog any more, strike one.  We're playing on the road after an emotional win, strike two.  We're playing a Houston Nutt team while leading the SEC West, strike three.

I guess having two undefeated seasons without anything to show for it does things to my psyche.


(FOOTBALL DOESN'T HAVE STRIKES ANYWAY YOU BIG STUPID)
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2010, 01:37:23 am »

Quote from: Lister
(FOOTBALL DOESN'T HAVE STRIKES ANYWAY YOU BIG STUPID)

What if we called them "Favre Interceptions", though?

Three of those and you're usually out.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2010, 04:11:19 pm »

What if we called them "Favre Interceptions", though?

Three of those and you're usually out.

Favre Interceptions is some kind of oxymoron.

I hope Oregon loses to USC, and it hurts me to say it. I hate USC. I hate Lane Kiffin. I hate Pete Carroll. I don't much like Reggie Bush or Matt Leinart. I really, really do not like USC, and I live in Oregon so I oughta be pulling for 'em, but fuck 'em.

Also, sorry, but I'd like to see Auburn lose. I think this isn't BSU's year, and I think it'll take another deal where BSU is undefeated but a one-loss team goes to the big game to get things on track and have a bit of hue and cry involved to make some changes.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2010, 10:39:53 pm »

I think BS_U ought to join the next round of PAC-10 expansion and get to play a big-boy schedule instead of bullying the toddlers at the kids table for their left over drumsticks.

Nahh man, I'm just pulling your chain.

I'm pulling for another TCU/BS_U undefeated year with another one loss team jumping over both of them again.

When they get matched up again in a bowl they refuse the invitation in my dreams.

Pac-10 doen't want none of that, but I'm with you with the other, as I said. Things won't change until they have to. They're thinking about making another spot AQ only, and right now there are 3 non-AQ teams in the top 8. Clowns.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2010, 10:46:53 pm »

I like when people get mad about the idea that the government might look into the BCS thing. Um, these are state schools, many of them. These are public dollars being discussed.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2010, 05:51:25 pm »

No help from USC, Ole Miss, UNLV, or Air Force.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2010, 03:14:31 am »

But hey, Iowa and Nebraska.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2010, 04:01:02 am »

Fuck TCU with their one win over a ranked team. That's fucked.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2010, 05:18:45 am »

If TCU beats the #5 team (my alma mater, though I'm an Oregon fan due to family connections and stuff) this coming weekend they're going to look even more solid. Even if Utah wins, things will get interesting. They should win out if they survive this Saturday, and likewise with TCU. Auburn should lose to Alabama, if not sooner due to some freak upset, so we could end up with three undefeated teams with only one AQ in the bunch. Last year, Alabama, Cincinnati and Texas, along with BSU and TCU, went undefeated into the bowl games, right? And I hate think about it but Oregon still has two tough away games and Arizona at home. If Oregon loses it'll either be BSU and Utah or BSU and TCU as the two undefeated teams. It will be interesting to see if any of the stronger one-loss schools surpass either in the rankings, which could easily happen, and maybe deservedly, though one can't really know until some changes are made. That could be what it takes to piss enough people off to make some changes. Or not.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2010, 05:55:35 am »

Meanwhile, Syracuse keeps stumbling into teams even more lost and fucked than they are and seem poised to back into a shitty bottom-tier bowl, despite coming into the season looking like a three or four win team. Gooooooooo absolutely terrible Big East, I guess.

Is there still an International Bowl? Toronto might convince themselves they could get the SU students to truck up there for a shitty bowl game.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2010, 05:53:07 pm »

1) Oregon
2) Auburn
3) TCU
4) BSU
5) Utah

If TCU beats Utah, TCU ought to be #1. They won't be. My prediction: Oregon or Auburn'll get beat, Alabama will win out, and the undefeated team will play Alabama for the title, leaving two non-AQ teams undefeated and on the outside looking in.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up