Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood C:\> Get on the Night Train. || You are on the Night Train. There is an Axl Rose here.

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 283187 times)

0 Members and 40 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1875 on: August 27, 2014, 10:52:03 pm »

I was flipping though the cable channels looking for something to amuse my 5 year old, and, briefly, there was Henry Rollins pontificating.  I didn't stop to find out what about, but I thought it was especially random given his appearance here.  Makes me wonder how many times I've gone past him in the last several years and not even noticed, but caught it this time because we'd actually been talking about him.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1876 on: September 26, 2014, 02:31:06 am »

my roommate is telling me about how she is fully expecting to sleep with her guy friend who is in town, who has a girlfriend, and just hopes that he'll get caught eventually.

Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1877 on: October 19, 2014, 06:04:49 pm »

I did not really know how to respond to my roommate being upset (and putting on a little kid pouty face) that I am going to see my little sister on her (the roommate's) birthday weekend. What I wanted to say was "oh, I didn't really think about you, because we are not very close." Instead I just smiled nervously and changed the subject.

My parents are throwing a wrench in things by being really nice and offering to buy me a ticket to come meet them and my sister in Boston. It is not really a good weekend, I have stuff due the next week, but obviously I would rather go see Boston and family than stay home and do homework (and probably get coerced into doing "birthday" stuff with my roommate, who I am not crazy about).

Living with people I am not friends with is bringing out all my grumpy qualities. I am not going to change my plans to celebrate the birthday of the girl who complains EVERY TIME I cook that it smells bad.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1878 on: October 19, 2014, 09:13:33 pm »

Are you rooming with a five year old or what?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1879 on: October 19, 2014, 09:45:13 pm »

god i am glad to now have a place to live where i can just chill without people all existing at me.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1880 on: October 20, 2014, 07:29:21 pm »

Can for Wombat for nailing it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1881 on: October 21, 2014, 01:28:09 am »

Yes, she is extremely childish about everything. Including having the attitude where she is convinced she is the only mature one who knows what is going on.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Jaded Tersk

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 49
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1882 on: October 22, 2014, 06:59:49 pm »

Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1883 on: October 22, 2014, 07:20:21 pm »

Must be. Given the choice, based on the terms alone, I'd rather stick my hand in a wringer than a mangler. Sheeeit.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1884 on: October 23, 2014, 06:29:05 am »

A callback from July. Can for Jared.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1885 on: November 18, 2014, 05:29:33 am »

Quote
This is college. We should be able to explore ideas and discuss without inhibition.

Actually, it's graduate school. And what happened is you said something that sounded kind of racist, and someone asked you to explain what you meant, and then we changed the subject because you seemed flustered.

Also, the roommate continues just being SO DUMB AND SELF-CENTERED. The other day she was going on and on about how mad she is about her friend's "stupid" parenting decision. Long story short, she thinks her friend is doing something silly that is a waste of time, and her friend got mad/defensive when she told her so. You are 26 years old and you haven't figured out that people don't like it when you tell them they're being stupid?

You seem like a person who would have experience with how that feels! Just saying! Ahhhh!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 06:41:26 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1886 on: November 18, 2014, 07:23:44 pm »

Grandma: I saw there was a sale on iphones. I feel bad about missing the sale on iphones.
Me: You don't need an iphone. You need one of those phones with big buttons and no confusing features.
G: But aren't iphones better than regular phones?
M: Yeah kind of, but I can't be your tech support for a new phone. Trust me on this one, you don't need an iphone.
G:What about an ipad?
M:No. I bought you a kindle and you can't work that thing out. You do not need an ipad. You have a laptop.
G: But the ad says the phone is free...
M: DONT BUY AN IPHONE. I PAY YOUR CELL PHONE BILL AND I DON'T PAY FOR DATA.
G: But its free.
M: No. I, uh, have a conference call and I need to go. bye.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1887 on: November 18, 2014, 07:34:32 pm »

You need to get your g'ma an iphone.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1888 on: November 18, 2014, 11:00:39 pm »

You need to get your g'ma an iphone.
You need to shut the hell up.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1889 on: November 19, 2014, 02:31:48 pm »

Similar, from last night:
MIL: I went to Best Buy and told them I wanted to be able to stream movies, like everyone else does. They sold me some sort of Apple TV box for $200, and said it was easy to hook up, but I couldn't figure it out. Then Geek Squad wanted $150 to come install it for me. Another guy I talked to said I should get a video game console and stream through that.
Me: You should return all that crap, because that TV you got last year is internet-enabled and you can probably stream Netflix to it directly. I'll come over and set it up. Why didn't you ask me in the first place?
MIL: Well, I didn't want to bother you.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 143   Go Up