Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 282451 times)

0 Members and 44 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1905 on: November 25, 2014, 09:00:05 pm »

I don't have anything useful to say about Ferguson, but Wombat definitely needs to beat the fuck out of Inev's roommate.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1906 on: November 25, 2014, 09:47:40 pm »

Normally I believe in nonviolence but some people just really need a slap upside the head.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1907 on: November 26, 2014, 12:05:30 am »

yeah, I did not know how to deal with that, or want to deal with that, so I stared at them and then went into my bedroom.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1908 on: November 26, 2014, 02:10:55 am »

literally about stuff my parents say: my dad digitized all the old home videos, and I finally saw a famous video of me as a newborn. (the video is famous in my family because my grandpa keeps interrupting to talk about the delicious fajitas my grandma made. It's still a joke-- "I ate ALL FIVE! Five fajitas I ate!" I guess it's funnier with his accent). Very weird, my parents are so young and tired and my dad had a Boston accent back then. Also they kept calling me "Danny." I can't place who my dad sounded like, but it was making me think of some TV character.

It's weird watching a video of myself as a tiny baby, burping and screaming and flailing around. I had seen toddler videos, those are bad enough.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1909 on: November 26, 2014, 02:42:32 pm »

I'm sure you forgot to post the link to the video.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1910 on: December 01, 2014, 06:25:18 pm »

I can't place who my dad sounded like, but it was making me think of some TV character.
Someone from Cheers?

What is a unit of fajita?  I think of them as a plate with meat and veggies, like a collective noun or something.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1911 on: December 02, 2014, 12:42:54 am »

they usually sell them by the pound.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1912 on: December 02, 2014, 04:45:24 am »

My family mis-use almost all Mexican food terms. I think they made fajita-style grilled meat and veggies and put it in tacos.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1913 on: December 03, 2014, 05:52:39 pm »

I guess it shouldn't be a surprise to English speaking Americans that just because one culture speaks the same language as another, that they may have a mangled understanding of their sister culture's cuisine.
Spotted Dick.
Bangers
Pudding
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1914 on: December 03, 2014, 08:11:38 pm »

My family mis-use almost all Mexican food terms. I think they made fajita-style grilled meat and veggies and put it in tacos.

But how is grilled meat and veggies in a tortilla not a taco?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1915 on: December 03, 2014, 11:53:03 pm »

they also call tacos quesadillas. I pointed this out and they all stopped, and claimed I was imagining things.

Wikipedia states that fajitas are usually served on a tortilla. So I guess they are Fajita Tacos.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1916 on: December 03, 2014, 11:59:21 pm »

Y'all are bringing up fond memories of our legendary taco/burrito debate.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1917 on: December 04, 2014, 01:33:42 am »

If someone mentions beans I will cut one.

Fixed!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1918 on: December 04, 2014, 03:33:07 am »

If someone mentions beans I will cut them.

B..but they're good for your heart!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1919 on: December 04, 2014, 05:50:29 am »

So many people I know repeating this meme about "the system isn't broken, it was built to oppress black people." Maybe we do not agree on what makes something "broken." That sounds like a pretty bad system to me? Like, that is not carrying out the function we want it to? = Broken? We want to fix it? What is the point you're trying to make here? It feels like weirdly focusing on a word choice that like, let's be honest, you know what people mean when they say that, right?

I think it's similar to my reaction to people talking about "rights." People say "_____ is a human right" as if, oh, ok, this guy said that this is a human right, backed up by nothing, so we can't argue about it anymore.

Actually, maybe the second one is me doing the thing that the people I am aggravated by are doing in the first.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 143   Go Up