Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that Wombat has figured out how to edit the News Box!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 282879 times)

0 Members and 47 Guests are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #120 on: October 14, 2010, 07:18:06 pm »

YOU CRAZY SOCIALIST THE GUMMIT CANT RUN NOTHIN RIGHT
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #121 on: October 14, 2010, 07:31:54 pm »

In my province, we have a single, government mandated public auto insurance provider.  Despite all the possible shit that could be wrong with that scenario, I have had good experiences.

When my Escape hybrid was rear-ended at a red light all expenses were covered by my insurance, including the massive repair bill, the lost wages due to my injury, all the physiotherapy until I felt I had recovered, plus all the medication, plus a loaner vehicle for a month while the repairs were being made to the hybrid, plus my mileage to and from medical and physio appointments.  No expense was spared.  I had the rock-bottom basic insurance available.  Of all of it, only the loaner vehicle was provided due to it being the other guy's fault.

PS - yes Geiko commercials are even more fun when they have nothing to do with your life in any way, shape or form.


If Canada ever annexes part of the US, I hope the new border runs all the way to my house.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #122 on: October 14, 2010, 07:44:53 pm »

My husband and I often get a chuckle out of Fox news.  "Look!  They're actually scared of him!  Hee hee!  Isn't that quaint?" etc.  For a Canadian like me, seeing an American's fear of socialism is like when you see someone in a public place show fear toward a puppy.  I'm all like "wha?"   
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #123 on: October 14, 2010, 07:47:08 pm »

My husband and I often get a chuckle out of Fox news.  "Look!  They're actually scared of him!  Hee hee!  Isn't that quaint?" etc.  For a Canadian like me, seeing an American's fear of socialism is like when you see someone in a public place show fear toward a puppy.  I'm all like "wha?"   

But the claws! The razor-sharp teeth! The Kenyan birth certificate!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #124 on: October 14, 2010, 08:08:48 pm »

the sad thing is, i think the fear is real for some people. not the fear of government takeover of their lives, but the fear that they won't magically hit it rich at some point in the future. there's like this cultural disease we've got where people bank on being rich in a few years - and if the industries that make the most money suddenly can't make money any more, how's a person supposed to get rich? nevermind that those industries prey on ignorance and loopholes to pirate as much profit as they can before they get caught.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2010, 08:17:50 pm »

Boom. Choop nails it.

We've all been convinced that one shouldn't share even if they're fucked because what happens if they get theirs?

Stockholm Syndrome. An underclass of Uncle Toms, perhaps.

Even though... almost no one gets theirs unless their grandparents had it already.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2010, 10:37:56 pm »

I guess you oughta just paint me red and call me Nadezhada Krupskaya, 'cause one of my life goals is to strike it rich explicitly so I have more to share.

I cannot imagine having more than two cars or a house with six bathrooms. (Too many toilets to clean, ugh.) They say money changes people, so I dunno, but I sort of have all the material goods I need, I just would like to have them paid for.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #127 on: October 14, 2010, 10:58:49 pm »

I only have one car. I do have a urinal in my bathroom, though. That's sort of extravagant.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #128 on: October 14, 2010, 11:04:08 pm »

When I say "more than two cars," I mean for my family unit. We as a couple own two, but my former neighbor at one point had four cars between him and his wife.

I guess at some point the kids will want cars, too, but that's so far off I can't even begin to think about it.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #129 on: October 14, 2010, 11:12:03 pm »

The sad thing is that we bought the car in March of '07 and it just rolled over 10k miles.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #130 on: October 14, 2010, 11:24:43 pm »

I've got three cars and I'd really like to get rid of at least one of them. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #131 on: October 14, 2010, 11:25:31 pm »

Probably not the one that belches flames, though.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #132 on: October 14, 2010, 11:26:15 pm »

Probably not the one that belches flames, though.

No, probably not.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #133 on: October 16, 2010, 02:57:07 am »

Quote
For a Canadian like me, seeing an American's fear of socialism is like when you see someone in a public place show fear toward a puppy.

So... you're saying Obama is a socialist.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #134 on: October 19, 2010, 07:58:55 am »

I just got a forwarded email telling me that Bill Gates was going to give $500 for each person I forward the email to.  Wow, I haven't seen that one in quite some time.

This email was sent to me by a client.  I must say, this does not fill me with confidence.  I hope the job doesn't turn into this.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 143   Go Up