A coworker today was insistant that
the whole Oprah, Tommy Hilfiger rumour was true, and was even adamant that she had
seen this fictional episode of Oprah. She said she used to be a huge fan of Hilfiger's clothing, but stopped shopping there years ago due to his apparent racism. On the other hand, I had seen the real episode of Oprah (Hilfiger's only appearance on the show, debunking the rumour himself, with Oprah), and told her so, which she didn't believe, so to Snopes again I went, and forwarded the link. Even then she skimmed the article, reading the "example" portion aloud (quite loud, to the whole office), not realizing until part way through that the article was one debunking the story... It was a pretty rad win for me, as this coworker is an opinionated loud mouth.
Not sure why I went so far to defend Hilfiger. I don't like his clothes at all. I also don't like loud mouthed know it alls who don't actually know anything either though.