Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 283938 times)

0 Members and 41 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #420 on: April 02, 2011, 12:21:38 pm »

Okay, that was pretty funny.  It was probably aided by the fact that I was expecting it to turn political so the punchline was a real surprise, but still..

Quote
A guy is driving around the back woods of Montana and he sees a sign in front of a broken down shanty-style house:  'Talking Dog For Sale '  He rings the bell and the owner appears and tells him the dog is in the backyard.

The guy goes into the backyard and sees a nice looking Labrador retriever sitting there. 'You talk?' he asks. 'Yep,' the Lab replies. After the guy recovers from the shock of hearing a dog talk, he says 'So, what's your story?' The Lab looks up and says, 'Well, I discovered that I could talk when I was pretty young. I wanted to help the government, so I told the CIA. In no time at all they had me jetting from country to country, sitting in rooms with spies and world leaders, because no one figured a dog would be eavesdropping.' 'I was one of their most valuable spies for eight years running. But the jetting around really tired me out, and I knew I wasn't getting any younger so I decided to settle down.. I signed up for a job at the airport to do some undercover security, wandering near suspicious characters and listening in. I uncovered some incredible dealings and was awarded a batch of medals.' 'I got married, had a mess of puppies, and now I'm just retired..'

The guy is amazed. He goes back in and asks the owner what he wants for the dog. 'Ten dollars,' the guy says. 'Ten dollars?  This dog is amazing! Why on earth are you selling him so cheap?' 'Because he's a liar. He never did any of that shit.'
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #421 on: April 02, 2011, 04:41:53 pm »

That is pretty good.  Here's a similar one I heard.

A ventriloquist is driving to his next gig when his car breaks down.  He walks to a nearby farmhouse, and uses their phone to call for a tow.  While he's waiting, he asks the farmer if he can have a look around the farm.  The farmer says sure, and gives him the tour.

When they get to the stable, the ventriloquist decides to have some fun with the farmer.  "How you hosss doin'?  How's life here?"
"Oh, not bad," they say.  "We get enough to eat, and don't have to work too hard.  It gets cold in here at night, though.  We could use some more blankets."
The farmer looks surprised, because his hosss have never talked before, but he doesn't say anything.  They walk to the pig pen next, and the ventriloquist says "Hey pigs, how's life here on the farm?"
"Pretty good," say the pigs.  "We could always use more slop, though."
The farmer looks even more bewildered.  Next they approach the sheep pasture.  And the farmer says, "Now, just so you know, them sheep are liars."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #422 on: April 15, 2011, 09:30:17 pm »

My coworker told me that the reason I can't find a job doing any of the things i want to do is because Obama wants to hurt the economy, not start programs that will help it.

Kind of funny to think that there is someone who thinks Democrats are against huge, expensive economic programs that benefit inner cities and minorities.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #423 on: April 16, 2011, 02:52:58 pm »

I first saw that Colt ad in this Cracked bit. You might find some stuff in here entertaining.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #424 on: April 17, 2011, 12:13:40 am »

That last one...I kinda hope it's not a real ad, y'know?


Having done extensive research in archives of popular magazines from the 1930s, 40s, and 50s, I can assure you that even if that last one isn't real, there are plenty of real ones out there just like it and much, much worse.

You know you picked the right field when you come home from a long day at the library riled up and pissed off.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #425 on: April 18, 2011, 05:57:33 am »

today, my mom had a really good idea. I should probably look for anthropologists who are looking for assistants. I had never had that idea! What a great idea.

man, sarcasm is so low-down and mean and unproductive. It just get frustrating to be given the same bad advice again and again and again.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #426 on: April 18, 2011, 06:04:22 am »

Maybe you could start your own anthropological firm. Hang a shingle.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #427 on: April 18, 2011, 12:49:55 pm »

today, my mom had a really good idea. I should probably look for anthropologists who are looking for assistants. I had never had that idea! What a great idea.

And then you could work your way up to being a professor!

(When I was working as a research assistant and told my mom I was applying to graduate school she actually asked why I couldn't do that. But she never went to college, she had an excuse to be ignorant of that sort of detail.)
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #428 on: April 18, 2011, 03:56:25 pm »

The nerve of some people.


For some reason I feel like this is aimed at you, inev.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #429 on: April 19, 2011, 04:24:15 am »

she also told my younger brother that I turned down a job I was offered. I can't figure out where she could have gotten that.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #430 on: April 19, 2011, 10:28:47 am »

parents just dont understand.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #431 on: April 19, 2011, 03:55:53 pm »

yesterday a lady called my coworker a "motherfuck*ng faggot" and I had this unbelievable urge to go off on her. She said this, walked away from him, and was going on and on about how he "thought he was more of a woman than me." No fuck*ng idea what that meant.

later everyone was asking him why he didn't call a manager over to have her ejected from the store. It is funny how grown-ups have ways of handling conflict other than the only options I see when in that situation:
1. tell this woman that she is human garbage, get the fuck out of this store you seeping cunt.
2. say nothing and feel like a coward.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #432 on: April 19, 2011, 04:46:30 pm »

later everyone was asking him why he didn't call a manager over to have her ejected from the store. It is funny how grown-ups have ways of handling conflict other than the only options I see when in that situation:
1. tell this woman that she is human garbage, get the fuck out of this store you seeping cunt.
2. say nothing and feel like a coward.

Yes: the grownup way of doing this is to call a manager to tell the customer some equivalent of #1. This is because you will get fired for doing it and s/he will not.

Of course, it depends on the job. I once said something to a customer that made her storm out without buying anything, with the store owner standing right there next to me. But this woman had pissed us both off so much that my boss was basically all "yes! good riddance!"

But basically I think a very important life lesson is to know when to kick the problem upstairs.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #433 on: April 19, 2011, 06:37:14 pm »

Indeed.  Whoever said "The customer is always right" was an idiot.  Because sometimes the customer is an asshole with an overbearing sense of entitlement. 
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #434 on: April 19, 2011, 09:55:07 pm »

Indeed.  Whoever said "The customer is always right" was an idiot.  Because sometimes the customer is an asshole with an overbearing sense of entitlement. 

When people say the customer is always right, they mean the customer's money is always right.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 143   Go Up