Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 281875 times)

0 Members and 48 Guests are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #480 on: April 25, 2011, 03:47:28 am »

I think there are some good parts about those books, I also think some parts are #####-on-head retarded.
From the first book Quidditch bugged the crap out of me. The rules are created specifically so Harry can be the hero every game.
But I stopped reading them entirely because the main character is an irritating, whinging, self-indulgent weight around everyone else's neck. Also because I stopped dating the girl who was really into them. So I've read up to Book Six, which ends with Snape being a complete bad ass (and everyone forgetting all over again that he's saved their asses multiple times and just assuming he's evil). I figure I can fill in the gaps myself. Mainly with Snape riding a goddamn Gryphon and saving the goddamn day again.

As for Paul's latest, it's really hard for me to get past this line:
Quote
It was here that  600,000 black people, brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a  community of 40 million, were introduced to Christian salvation, and  reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever  known.. Wright ought to go down on his knees and thank God he is an  American.

Really? Painting slavery as awesome? Really?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #481 on: April 25, 2011, 04:47:23 am »

As for Paul's latest, it's really hard for me to get past this line:
Really? Painting slavery as awesome? Really?

To play devil's advocate here I'm guessing that the logic is that if they hadn't been brought to America they would be living in some shithole in Africa or dying in some genocidal war.  Also, they wouldn't know Jesus.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #482 on: April 25, 2011, 04:53:04 am »

Really? Painting slavery as awesome? Really?

Well, yeah. How else would those ungrateful whiners have been saved from eternal damnation? Edit: What Paul said.

This is good too:

Quote
I have never seen the white side explained better! Pat Buchanan had the guts to say it, and it's about time.

As a white male I am so goddamn tired of being underrepresented in government, business and media. When's my turn? Hopefully in 2012 our voices are finally heard.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 04:59:22 am by miles »
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #483 on: April 25, 2011, 06:19:31 am »

http://www.muzu.tv/mybeatclub/randy-newman-sail-away-music-video/201456

In America you'll get food to eat
Won't have to run through the jungle
And scuff up your feet
You'll just sing about Jesus and drink wine all day
It's great to be an American

Ain't no lions or tigers-ain't no mamba snake
Just the sweet watermelon and the buckwheat cake
Ev'rybody is as happy as a man can be
Climb aboard, little wog-sail away with me

Sail away-sail away
We will cross the mighty ocean into Charleston Bay
Sail away-sail away
We will cross the mighty ocean into Charleston Bay

In America every man is free
To take care of his home and his family
You'll be as happy as a monkey in a monkey tree
You're all gonna be an American

Sail away-sail away
We will cross the mighty ocean into Charleston Bay
Sail away-sail away
We will cross the mighty ocean into Charleston Bay   

« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 06:24:01 am by JorgeFabregas »
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #484 on: April 25, 2011, 02:59:18 pm »

Pat Buchanan is a straight-up madman, but there's no way he wrote that.

Also:

Quote
Is white America really responsible for the fact that the crime and incarceration rates for African-Americans are seven times those of whiteAmerica?  Is it really white America's  fault that illegitimacy in the African-American community has hit 70 percent and the black dropout rate from high schools in some cities has reached 50 percent?

Um, the answer to this is, in many ways, yes.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #485 on: April 25, 2011, 05:29:22 pm »

Pat Buchanan is a straight-up madman, but there's no way he wrote that.
I had the same thought, so I checked snopes. I was wrong. It's the most popular article on his site. You can also find links to his published apologies for Hitler.

http://buchanan.org/blog/pjb-a-brief-for-whitey-969
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #486 on: April 25, 2011, 05:54:58 pm »

Teach me to give that guy more of the benefit of the doubt than he deserves.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #487 on: April 28, 2011, 04:10:05 am »

major shit-storm going on among my friends because these dumb-ass "anarchists" vandalized a bunch of local businesses and stole some security cameras. I think the time is coming when I start saying mean shit. People who I kind-of know and thought were "nice people" are getting real radical and douchey about this. people calling each other out, people saying "my band refuses to play shows with ____ because they support [the landlord]."

the guy whose shit they stole made the comment that they are pretty stupid for fuck*ng with him, because as a hip landlord he knows where all the anarchist squats are. Also, you know, when you steal a security camera, you are filmed by that camera.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 04:16:49 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #488 on: April 28, 2011, 01:40:37 pm »

You should steal and/or destroy some of their stuff and see if they go to the cops.

Anarchists and Randians.  Two sides of the same coin.  Waah!  Waah!  The social contract won't allow me to do exactly what I want to all the time!  I'm gonna take my ball and go home!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #489 on: April 28, 2011, 02:28:22 pm »

You should steal and/or destroy some of their stuff and see if they go to the cops.

Anarchists and Randians.  Two sides of the same coin.  Waah!  Waah!  The social contract won't allow me to do exactly what I want to all the time!  I'm gonna take my ball and go home!

I actually had to google "Randian" because for several minutes I was stumped trying to figure what you have against James Randi. But yes, Ayn Rand. Now I'm on the trolley. As you were, good sir.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #490 on: April 28, 2011, 03:43:55 pm »

Oh, hello Onstad!

More like, "Waah! Waah! You philistines won't kiss my ass hard enough, so I'm strangling my golden goose."
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #491 on: April 28, 2011, 05:18:22 pm »

yeah, there was on really vile anti-cop slogan that is still making my blood boil.

online comments section on the article about this/the article itself have a lot of "hipster" comments. Not sure what is going on there, I do not have a hard time differentiating between a guy in 70$ levis and a kid who sleeps in an unheated abandoned building.
Also this one coffee shop employee said "I don't know who it was, all hipsters look alike to me." Having gone to that coffee shop... pot:kettle.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #492 on: April 29, 2011, 04:02:27 am »

hm. I forget where we were talking about this, but in response to a long email thread talking about various things which turned to talking about Sun Ra, my friend responded "I heart Sun Ra!"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #493 on: April 29, 2011, 04:18:28 am »

Quote from: August
Anarchists and Randians.  Two sides of the same coin.  Waah!  Waah!  The social contract won't allow me to do exactly what I want to all the time!  I'm gonna take my ball and go home!

THERE AIN'T ENOUGH CANS
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #494 on: April 29, 2011, 09:25:31 am »

August gets a can, BECAUSE YOU CAN'T STOP ME DOING WHAT I WANT FASCISTS!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 143   Go Up