Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 282628 times)

0 Members and 51 Guests are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #525 on: May 18, 2011, 02:55:20 pm »

Yeah, clearly those american fags need to play better.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #526 on: May 18, 2011, 03:19:11 pm »

Supposedly a guy set up a Twitter account for his dad and told him that's where he types to search Google. I think it's complete bullshit because how does that even make sense? Did he set up some sort of script to actually pass what he types onto Google? Otherwise wouldn't the dad realize after like 3 of them that nothing was coming up?

https://twitter.com/#!/oldmansearch
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #527 on: May 18, 2011, 05:12:24 pm »

I heard a guy at the mower shop say "how many Polacks does it take . . . " as sort of a self-deprecatory comment on how he was having a problem with fixing his throttle cable. I was taken aback.

I've heard my dad say that, too. Even among Polacks, Polish jokes are mostly seen as harmless. I can't tell you how many "Polish Coffee Mugs" my grandmother had. (They have the handle on the inside.)

When I was a kid, my dad had a bright orange shirt that read something like:

I'M PROUD TO BE

A POLOK
A POLICK
A POLLOCK

POLISH

I didn't get it when I was little, but now it kind of makes me chuckle. Not because it's a funny joke, but because it's odd to picture my dad wearing such a goofy shirt. I'd bet money his mother bought it for him.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #528 on: May 18, 2011, 09:54:56 pm »

Jackson Polock, amiright?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #529 on: May 18, 2011, 10:15:08 pm »

Well, yeah, I'm not about to tell Polish people they can't call themselves polacks. Some of my best friends are polacks. It's just been a long time since I've heard it - I've become accustomed to the more cutting edge racist/sexist/etc-ist remarks.

OT - from a friend's FB wall:

Quote from: my idiot friend
I have a personal reason for asking if everyone could put this as their status for one hour. I'm pretty sure I know the ones who will. Think of someone you know or love who has had cancer. My wish is that in 2011 a cure will be found. Will you post it for one hour to honor those who have fought or are fighting cancer? I hope to see it in your status.

I know plenty of people who have had or currently have cancer, and quite frankly you can go to hell. My wish is that a cure will be found, too - and won't it be interesting if one cure is found for all the different kinds of cancer - but I don't see how posting on FB will help deliver one. Don't try to guilt me into this.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #530 on: May 19, 2011, 12:47:02 am »

Well, yeah, I'm not about to tell Polish people they can't call themselves polacks. Some of my best friends are polacks. It's just been a long time since I've heard it - I've become accustomed to the more cutting edge racist/sexist/etc-ist remarks.

OT - from a friend's FB wall:

I know plenty of people who have had or currently have cancer, and quite frankly you can go to hell. My wish is that a cure will be found, too - and won't it be interesting if one cure is found for all the different kinds of cancer - but I don't see how posting on FB will help deliver one. Don't try to guilt me into this.

Quote from: My Facebook Friend
Copy this and put it in your status if you know someone or have heard of someone who knows someone or have heard of someone who may know someone, or if you dont know anyone or even if you have just heard of someone who doesn’t know anyone then do still copy this…most people wont, buts its important to spread the message..oh yeah and the hearts ♥ ♥ for fucks sake dont forget the hearts ♥ ♥

Of course I get plenty of the other kind too.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #531 on: June 02, 2011, 12:48:37 am »

I'm including this one because it's just so bizarre.

Quote
Dear President Obama:
 
I am writing today with a somewhat unusual request.  First and foremost, I will be asking that you return America to its August 20th, 1959 borders so that Hawaii is no longer a state and you are no longer a citizen.
 
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #532 on: June 02, 2011, 06:01:34 pm »

I had a lengthy conversation today with my mother about how I should get a land line so that I don't have to use my cancer-causing cell phone all the time.

This conversation took place while we were both on our cell phones.

I was using a headset.

She wasn't.

Also, she refuses to believe science, but instead refutes my citation of the actual WHO report in question with anecdotes from the network news.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #533 on: June 02, 2011, 11:12:16 pm »

Today my boss (who is black) forced me to say "nigger babies" in regard to a conversation about those horrible licorice candies.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #534 on: June 03, 2011, 12:44:27 am »

Not kosher!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #535 on: June 03, 2011, 12:45:17 am »

Today my boss (who is black) forced me to say "nigger babies" in regard to a conversation about those horrible licorice candies.

For some reason I had to sit and look at that and really take it all in.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #536 on: June 03, 2011, 02:46:26 am »

there are frequent conversations among my coworkers about how they do not care if white people say the N word, and slavery is over so get over it. I am not sure how someone who lives in St Louis can think there are no more race problems in America.

Shit I see at work and what the fuck is this:

there is this guy who comes in sometimes. He has the thing going on where he is black, but has patches of white/lighter skin all over his body. What is the deal with that?

...but that is not the part I can't handle. What I can't handle is that he wears the same brown (almost exact same color as his skin tone) t-shirt every day, and his face/head and t-shirt are splotched with a gross orange-y pigment. It makes it look like someone dumped a bunch of bleach on his head, bleaching both his shirt and skin. What the fuck?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #537 on: June 03, 2011, 02:48:46 am »

 I am not sure how someone who lives in America can think there are no more race problems in America.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #538 on: June 03, 2011, 04:37:31 am »

I am not sure how someone who lives in America can think there are no more race problems in America.

Where is the like button on this message board?

Yeah, my boss most definitely doesn't think race problems are not an issue - very much the opposite.  She was just having a laugh at my expense "now will you say it?  Say it now...."  further discussion about horrible racism, followed by her grabbing me and saying "now say it!"  I finally did.  She explained that where she's from (Caribbean islands) they had a sort of nut that everyone called "n-words."

It's that I basically never use harsh language at work.  Everyone gets all excited when I say "fuck" which is pretty hilarious.  If only they could have seen me at the HIV clinic where every second word I uttered was fuck.  I mentioned to a group of coworkers who were apologizing to me for swearing that I used to swear like a sailor, but they were really surprised by that.   It's the most respectful environment I've ever worked in (genuine respect, not PC bullshit) so I suppose that why I used such respectful language most of the time.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #539 on: June 03, 2011, 08:16:24 am »

there is this guy who comes in sometimes. He has the thing going on where he is black, but has patches of white/lighter skin all over his body. What is the deal with that?

A dude's skin condition is unecessarily complicating Dan's views on racial politics.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 143   Go Up