Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 282885 times)

0 Members and 47 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #555 on: June 07, 2011, 04:13:11 pm »

Why don't these ever come from African countries where England was the colonial power?  Because these things always read like someone ran them through Google Translate.  Plus a random capitalisation algorithm.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #556 on: June 08, 2011, 07:21:38 am »

My uncle sent me this one today in email form.  I wonder if he believes it's true?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #557 on: June 09, 2011, 09:57:32 pm »

I just got the following message on Urban Spoon in response to a review I wrote:

Quote
your a bitch ya know, matinis is the best food ever, you fucken hore
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #558 on: June 09, 2011, 10:04:04 pm »

I just got the following message on Urban Spoon in response to a review I wrote:


That's not particularly constructive.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #559 on: June 09, 2011, 11:02:29 pm »

The longer I live here and become able to compare my own experiences to Urban Spoon, the more I think that the reviewers on that sight are on bad drugs.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #560 on: June 09, 2011, 11:25:27 pm »

I'm not on any bad drugs.  That is probably the problem.

As an additional note,  beyond all the obvious errors, even the restaurant name is spelled wrong. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #561 on: June 20, 2011, 02:11:22 pm »

First email I got from one of the big wigs Friday at 10am:

Quote
Please see the attached important information forwarded at the request of Authority CEO

I open up the attachment, it is a close up photo of the face of a corpse of a little girl. 

Second email I got from one of the big wigs Friday at 10:16 am indicates the phone number to call if you know who the little girl is has changed.

Third email I got from one of the big wigs at 11:15am, marked urgent:

Quote
Please be advised that the nature of the photograph contained in the email forwarded on behalf of the Authority may be disturbing to some people.

Yeah... thanks for the warning, an hour later.

Fourth email, sent Monday at 7:30pm:

Quote
Good evening, Following the 330 media release a tip was received that assisted in the female being identified.  She is fourteen.

Her name is being forwarded. Winnipeg Police will advise (name of Child Welfare Agency).

Fuck.

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #562 on: June 20, 2011, 03:27:15 pm »

We get stuff which, while not as extreme as that, is pretty rough - industrial accident stuff. Missing extremities, electrocutions, etc. On the emails, there is often some kind of warning, but then people will print them out and hand them around at our morning meeting, and of course given our particular population, it's sort of considered weak to not look at the pictures. There typically is no warning during the meetings.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #563 on: June 20, 2011, 04:17:42 pm »

of course given our particular population, it's sort of considered weak to not look at the pictures. There typically is no warning during the meetings.

Actually, if you don't look at the photo it means that you don't give a damn about safety.  As if looking at that shit is going to make you suddenly realize that you need to be more careful.  "You mean THIS is what will happen if I fall off the structure?  I'll be extra sure to attach my harness from now on."

Bullshit!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #564 on: June 20, 2011, 05:20:38 pm »

Exactly.

"Normally I do all my electrical work with one hand in my pocket, so I don't get zapped - but this picture gives me pause. I will reevaluate my commitment to personal safety now!"
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #565 on: June 20, 2011, 06:16:46 pm »

I dunno.  I've always thought that this was a pretty effective safety video.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #566 on: June 26, 2011, 06:32:53 pm »

So not clicking.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #567 on: June 26, 2011, 08:48:57 pm »

HOLY SHIT! MY BRAIN A'SPLODING!

THESE FORK LIFTS!!!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #568 on: June 26, 2011, 09:39:30 pm »

We already discussed this fork lift video in 2007.  I liked visiting that old thread actually.  PSA's are a facinating mix of shock value and sometimes desperate attempts to engage the viewer.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #569 on: June 26, 2011, 11:16:06 pm »

I dunno.  I've always thought that this was a pretty effective safety video.

mst3k or rifftrax tore this video a funny new asshole, once.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 143   Go Up