Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 282061 times)

0 Members and 44 Guests are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #570 on: June 27, 2011, 12:02:08 am »

Speaking of, I got tickets to the Cinematic Titanic live tour and...

I am DEEPLY fuck*ng excited.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #571 on: June 27, 2011, 01:11:23 am »

Speaking of, I got tickets to the Cinematic Titanic live tour and...

I am DEEPLY fuck*ng excited.

[[high 5]]
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #572 on: June 27, 2011, 02:34:19 am »

Got into a facebook debate with a priest about gay marriage today. Here's where I lost it:

Quote
There are also some serious religious liberty issues at stake, too. This article details some of them: http://www.catholic.org/national/national_story.php?id=27817 I hadn't previously heard about the New Jersey Methodist church that got its tax exempt status revoked because it refused to rent a facility for a gay wedding, but it doesn't surprise me at all.

This isn't "live and let live."

Gah. My response:

Quote
On further research, it appears that the group that lost its tax breaks in New Jersey was not a church, but the "Ocean Grove Camp Meeting Association," which is affiliated with the Methodist Church but is not its own parish. It was certified by the Green Acres Program, which seeks to make privately held land available for public recreation, not under the religious exemption rules. Additionally, 99% of the land owned by the OGCMA was re-certified; they only lost their tax exempt status for the pavilion in question. I wasn't able to find any news on whether it was re-instated since 2007, when this event occurred.

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/18/nyregion/18grove.html

If the pavilion were owned by a church proper, which was certified tax-exempt under the house of worship exemption, this truly would have been an outrage. As it happened, you may still be outraged, but the issue is slightly less black-and-white than it appeared in the article to which you linked.

But honestly, why do I bother?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #573 on: June 27, 2011, 02:46:42 am »

I think if people are spreading lies as facts, it is always worth the bother. You may not ever change that guy's mind, but if you've made him uncomfortable about passing on that particular link again, you're doing a service.

Bullshit won't go away if you ignore it, you know? Not that kind of bullshit, anyway.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #574 on: June 27, 2011, 02:48:03 am »

I just could not let the shoddy, unsourced, biased journalism slide. It irked me.

Anyway, we went back and forth for an hour and he removed the whole post -- status line, links, comments, and all. Pedro says that means I won the argument? I guess that's...good?

If this is what winning on the internet is usually like, I really think you guys have spoiled me.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #575 on: June 27, 2011, 03:43:35 am »

I had a wonderful conversation last night with a friend, who has a gay daughter, about how it was never an issue in their household and that even her redneck father never showed anything other than total acceptance.  It was refreshing.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 03:53:34 am by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #576 on: June 27, 2011, 03:10:32 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #577 on: June 27, 2011, 06:40:08 pm »

The daughter looks really high.

It's possible, although she didn't seem high IRL.  Anyway, that's just another thing that should be no big deal in this country.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #578 on: June 27, 2011, 08:48:43 pm »

My old pal's dad used to be heavily involved with that Ocean Grove organization. Not sure if he still is. He runs a polling organization that apparently asks unbelievably leading questions, and yet is still cited as legit. Also: founded ESPN.

Nice family, despite gross beliefs and behaviors.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #579 on: June 28, 2011, 04:19:12 am »

this black man on my bus was saying that he thinks the TSA should use racial profiling so that "the rest of us" can travel in comfort.

this, combined with anything Israel has ever done, makes me think that humans are incapable of learning anything, ever.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #580 on: June 28, 2011, 06:03:50 am »

this black man on my bus was saying that he thinks the TSA should use racial profiling so that "the rest of us" can travel in comfort.

You ask him if he could shift back so you could take the front seat? You know, for comfort?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #581 on: June 28, 2011, 06:22:13 am »

yeah, I was imagining making a comment like that, but obviously that could only end badly.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #582 on: July 03, 2011, 06:51:51 am »

had a long conversation with a grumpy-friendly (gruff?) man at work. It was really nice, but he kept winding me up with these scary sentences and then finishing with things like
"well, I didn't vote for him, but I don't blame the economy or the wars on Obama, he inherited it and I think he's doing the best he can with a split legislature."

It is weird that I can meet a guy who doesn't seem that old, who got his first job the year my dad was born and got back from Vietnam in 1968. I guess that's only 20 years before I was born.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #583 on: July 03, 2011, 08:00:37 am »

Hey, look what I found in the spam box!

This is being used to target the current administration, which is just bullshit because they all plunge their hands elbow deep in OPM.

hate



Seriously. How many days of work did the last guy miss? Jesus I hate that stupid shit.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #584 on: July 03, 2011, 09:33:36 am »

Frankly, I'm surprised that Michelle Obama's security detail is only 70.  That number seems small.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 143   Go Up