Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 282563 times)

0 Members and 50 Guests are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #660 on: September 09, 2011, 10:30:27 pm »

Well, I know almost nothing about totem poles - that's a west coast tradition.  From what little I do know, some of them are made just for artistic expression or story telling purposes, and aren't especially spiritual, so I'm pretty sure you can feel free to make one without worry of being excessively profane or anything. 

... unless you feel compelled to use the Cleveland Indian's logo on the pole for some reason.  That shit is totally racist. 

... but then  you can "x"  out the eyes, which then makes it hip hop, which turns the whole thing on it's head. (scroll down for image used by an aboriginal hip hop crew called Dead Indians)

... but if you really want to go the aboriginal hip hop route, I'd suggest having BLTfor lunch and skipping the pole all together.

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #661 on: September 10, 2011, 12:15:55 am »

As for traditional practices in regard to eating animals, traditionalists believe animals are only to be killed if absolutely necessary for the intended purposes of nourishment, clothing and shelter. 

Well, you can't get food, clothing and shelter unless you can concentrate on doing your work to earn a paycheck, right?

But, you know where I'm coming from, I've fed so many live bugs to other animals that if I get to heaven and the invertebrates are in charge, I am totally screwed.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #662 on: September 12, 2011, 11:19:59 pm »

Quote from: Facebook Friend
“If there is a problem somewhere this is what happens. Three people will try to do something concrete to settle the issue. Ten people will give a lecture analysing what the three are doing. One hundred people will commend or condemn the ten for their lecture. One thousand people will argue about the problem. And one person – only one – will involve themselves so deeply in the true solution that they are too busy to listen to any of it. Which person are you?”

Well clearly you're the asshole that posts self-righteously about it on facebook. Good Job!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #663 on: September 12, 2011, 11:21:37 pm »

Ok, that's going straight to Facebook.  Have a can.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #664 on: September 12, 2011, 11:22:53 pm »

Okay, nevermind, I got cold feet and didn't do it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #665 on: September 13, 2011, 12:46:46 pm »

I posted "Oh my God Rick Perry is going to be our next President" on Facebook.  This got a variety of responses as you might imagine, but it also started a debate of sorts.  One of my friends, he's actually the ex boyfriend of one of my friends. I should probably unfriend him but he tried to save my life one time and I kinda feel grateful to him in a weird way.  I mean, I didn't need saving, but he thought I did and came to my aid.  So that still counts as doing a good deed, right?  Well he's debating, a few of my friends have challenged him, but I'm staying out of it for the most part.  And even though it's pretty wacko stuff it's been civil thus far so I don't mind.

In one post he said, among other things "deport all illegal aliens" and "I would support Marco Rubio (for President)."  I replied, "In your perfect world you would elect Marco Rubio President and deport his parents."  I thought that was a pretty clever reply.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #666 on: September 13, 2011, 02:56:31 pm »

In one post he said, among other things "deport all illegal aliens" and "I would support Marco Rubio (for President)."  I replied, "In your perfect world you would elect Marco Rubio President and deport his parents."  I thought that was a pretty clever reply.

So it was. A can for you, sir!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #667 on: September 13, 2011, 08:12:39 pm »

At a team meeting this morning, a coworker spouted something so racist that I burst into shocked laughter (as did several coworkers) then I called her on what she had said.  Is said "I'm pretty sure that if he's a member of the legislature he considers Canada his home country."  She left the meeting crying saying "if you aren't going to listen to me, then I'm leaving."  This coworker has melt downs on the regular, and knowing her patterns I know she will eventually have a follow-up confrontational blow up with me.  Considering she sits about 6ft from me, I know it's coming soon as she's already gone though crying at her desk, avoiding me, repeatedly sighing and now she's smudging with sage.  Have I mentioned that burning traditional medicines in a confined, unventilated office space is awesome?  It's also a really great way for someone who's feeling ostracized to cry for attention.  How many times has someone asked "what's burning" or "is something on fire" in the past 15 minutes?  I'm up to four so far.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #668 on: September 13, 2011, 08:36:19 pm »

Have I mentioned that burning traditional medicines in a confined, unventilated office space is awesome?  It's also a really great way for someone who's feeling ostracized to cry for attention.  How many times has someone asked "what's burning" or "is something on fire" in the past 15 minutes?  I'm up to four so far.

This is completely hilarious. It makes me want you to write a TV show. The Real Drama Queens of Manitoba, or some such.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #669 on: September 13, 2011, 11:02:09 pm »

This is completely hilarious. It makes me want you to write a TV show. The Real Drama Queens of Manitoba, or some such.

it would be on A&E right after Celebrity Rehab: Las Vegas Strip.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #670 on: September 14, 2011, 05:56:30 pm »

Presented without comment:

Quote
Please copy & paste this to your status if you are constantly being asked to copy & paste something to your status by friends who copy & paste things to their status. Many people won't copy & paste this but my true sarcastic friends will copy & paste it because they know this was copied & pasted from a dear friend in need of more stuff to copy & paste.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #671 on: September 15, 2011, 03:48:25 am »

transcribed as initially heard:

1: I know this will sound gross, but it smells like anal sex in here.
me: what.
1. you know, anal sex. It smells like anal sex, I think it was that woman who just left.
me. um.
1. ?? I don't know, maybe you don't know that smell. My dog's anal sacs get jammed up and I have to "express" them for him, it smells really bad.
me: oh, wow.
1. yeah, it's gross, but otherwise they can get infected and stuff. his anal sacs.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #672 on: September 15, 2011, 04:47:28 pm »

I'm not sure whether the story gets any less awkward with the revelation that your coworker fingers his dog.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #673 on: September 15, 2011, 05:13:30 pm »

You sure he doesn't use a match?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #674 on: September 15, 2011, 10:51:13 pm »

Ha!  Look like a fly, while protecting yourself from flies.

As for traditional practices in regard to eating animals, traditionalists believe animals are only to be killed if absolutely necessary for the intended purposes of nourishment, clothing and shelter.  When an animal is to be killed, prayers of thanks are said, the animal is treated in a way that is respectful and great effort is gone to to ensure no part of the animal is wasted.  For example the traditional method of tanning a moose hide uses the animal's brains to treat the hide.  There's also a lot of effort to provide life to the spirit of the animal after it's been killed - for example when using deer hide to make a drum, once the drum is fully dried there is a ritual to "wake up" the spirit of the animal, and the drum is then considered "alive," with it's own particular character.  When I assisted one traditional man with making such a drum, we ensured that all the tiny little scrap bits of hide were carefully collected so that he could take the pieces, pray over them and return them to the earth, along with an offering of sacred medicines.

I've actually been meaning to ask one of our elders to educate me on the traditional practices for disposing of leather moccasins, because I've got a pair that's no longer wearable.

Anyway, yeah, it's not like they're just smug assholes who oppose killing a fly while chomping on a Whopper or anything.  If I raised a fuss, they'd share some teaching about how "creator is sending a message" and probably have some age old story about flies that's full of wisdom.

None of this makes a fly buzzing around my head any less annoying though.

You coulda eaten it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 143   Go Up