Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 283295 times)

0 Members and 49 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #690 on: September 28, 2011, 05:19:19 am »

Dammit. I hate when I get second choice in the pool.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #691 on: October 02, 2011, 12:42:04 am »

The latest trend on Facebook is pics of a famous person from history with a quote that they probably never said.

The one I've seen the most is "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a giraffe by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” attributed to Albert Einstein.  I haven't found any source that can verify or debunk this quote, but it's fake, right?  Einstein was a mathematical genius, but he's morphed into a wise old sage.  Basically he's becoming Yoda.

Another one I've seen a bunch is "Every gun that is fired, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. The world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its labourers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children." attributed to Dwight Eisenhower.  This one is properly attributed, but it's being used completely out of context.  At least the Democrats aren't just making shit up out of thin air.

I even saw one attributed to Eleanor Rosevelt.  "Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you will be criticized anyway."  I don't know if she actually said this or not, but it sounds kinda trite to me.  

Oh new Facebook, you are so retarded.

Edit:  I just realized what I have to do.  I have to start creating these images.  What kind of treachery can we put into the mouths of our heroes?  I wonder if John Lennon has anything to say about our current financial crisis?  Maybe Elvis Presley has an opinion about having a black president?  Hmm...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 12:45:52 am by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #692 on: October 02, 2011, 01:25:51 am »

Oh god, don't. I don't think I want to know how easy it is for this shit to be totally made up and go all over the place. 
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #693 on: October 02, 2011, 01:29:58 am »

On the other hand, whether this is a real quote or not, it really needs to be a motivational poster:
Quote
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure you are not just surrounded by assholes." - William Gibson
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #694 on: October 02, 2011, 02:00:14 am »

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #695 on: October 02, 2011, 02:09:25 am »

Oh my god, that made me giggle. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #696 on: October 02, 2011, 02:51:58 am »

OMG, that is so... I don't even know if there is a word for it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #697 on: October 02, 2011, 03:51:31 am »

But if you judge a giraffe by its ability to climb a tree

Wait, do you mean giraffe or giraffe?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #698 on: October 02, 2011, 04:59:20 am »

JL, I just gave you another can for that poster.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #699 on: October 03, 2011, 01:51:34 am »

I wish I could claim responsibility for it. Alas, I'm only the messenger.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #700 on: October 03, 2011, 03:06:19 am »

Yes I understand.  If you were the author there wouldn't be enough cans.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #701 on: October 03, 2011, 10:08:09 pm »

Edit:  I just realized what I have to do.  I have to start creating these images.  What kind of treachery can we put into the mouths of our heroes?  I wonder if John Lennon has anything to say about our current financial crisis?

Welp, it looks like someone beat me to it.  This just came across my Facebook wall.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #702 on: October 06, 2011, 04:18:38 am »

Quote
Feeling good after 5 mile run. Only through God's grace. Three years ago I couldn't run 60 seconds w/o side splitting cramps & fatigue.
I am unhappy that I voted for someone who uses her twitter to constantly post stuff like this. I mean, say whatever you want in your free time, but I kind of hoped her twitter account would inform me about things going on in my ward. Oh well. Resisting the urge to say something like "sure it doesn't have anything to do with running every day in the intervening years?"

This lady today was going on and on about how much she doesn't like St Louis, because she is a small town girl who doesn't understand it, it's so confusing, so overwhelming, why is everything so confusing here, and I just wanted to slap her stupid little face. Go vote for Sarah Palin, you cow. Kept saying she is a Small Town Girl in that "I'm a real American" tone.

Not one of my more charitable impulses. I carried all of her groceries out and told her to enjoy her visit.

Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #703 on: October 06, 2011, 06:59:32 am »

This lady today was going on and on about how much she doesn't like St Louis, because she is a small town girl who doesn't understand it, it's so confusing, so overwhelming, why is everything so confusing here, and I just wanted to slap her stupid little face. Go vote for Sarah Palin, you cow. Kept saying she is a Small Town Girl in that "I'm a real American" tone.

I was at a remote placement recently with another (much older) student who kept going on about how she 'understands' rural people and how things were so much more genuine out there. In particular there was some atrocious line about how if we were in the city we'd be drinking out of 'versacci glasses' rather than plastic ones (we were at a bbq at the time), it was all I could do not to go on a rant at her about how poor all my city-dwelling student friends are as compared with the half-million a year earning folks we were bbqing with (not to mention that she was from a private, full fee paying expensive ass uni, rather than my government loan having self).

The overall tone was this weird reverse-elitism about how rural life is more genuine because city folks are all concerned with image or more judgemental, but most of the stuff she was describing that she didn't like about the city came down to not wanting to interact with people who are even slightly different from her. She actually really helped me realise how much I love living in cities and being surrounded by lots of different people all the time.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #704 on: October 06, 2011, 04:15:51 pm »

but most of the stuff she was describing that she didn't like about the city came down to not wanting to interact with people who are even slightly different from her.

Yup.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 143   Go Up