Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 283732 times)

0 Members and 44 Guests are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #705 on: October 08, 2011, 04:39:22 pm »

but most of the stuff she was describing that she didn't like about the city came down to not wanting to interact with people who are even slightly different from her.

I like cities. I'm a city person. But I do understand this about living the rural life. I gradually get sicker and sicker of dealing with people, and eventually I think I'll end up avoiding them by moving far away.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #706 on: October 08, 2011, 07:27:04 pm »

there are rad things about small town life.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #707 on: October 08, 2011, 08:44:23 pm »

I haven't heard from my uncle since I sent him a link to that song.

I hope he's not upset with me.

I wonder if I should send him this?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #708 on: October 09, 2011, 12:48:32 am »

Lady Liberty is weeping in a trash can.

I wish there was a small town of like minded people I could live with.  I guess until TOUAMB is a place, I'll stay put.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 12:52:21 am by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #709 on: October 09, 2011, 01:49:19 am »

There might be rad things about small town life but they sure aren't my thing.

I absorbed enough gossip and judgement and secrets and lies and secrets and lies in a small town for a goddamned lifetime.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #710 on: October 09, 2011, 04:50:53 pm »

My impression is that it's easier, in a way, to avoid people if you live in a big city. In that big city interactions are at least less personal. I mean, unless I am your cashier and I ask all sorts of questions about your groceries.

Unless your rural life is one of self sufficient hermitude, instead of just living in a small town and being trapped with the same people forever.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #711 on: October 09, 2011, 06:54:34 pm »

Yeah, living in a small town is a terrible way to avoid people. You have much more anonymity in a larger city.

Rural living is not the same thing as living in a small town.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #712 on: October 09, 2011, 07:44:37 pm »

I'm not big on anonymity, apparently.  I drive around in a one of a kind car and wear a handlebar moustache. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #713 on: October 10, 2011, 03:04:28 am »

Yeah... I would like anonymity but at my size and with my features, I cannot get there.

I gotta roll with what I got.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #714 on: October 10, 2011, 11:49:37 am »

the easiest way to be anonymous is for no one to give a fuck about you.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #715 on: October 10, 2011, 02:15:18 pm »



The friend of mine who posted that is a teacher who got married this weekend and is fixin' to burst with her first child. Why can't I unsubscribe from friends of friends' comments on wall posts.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #716 on: October 10, 2011, 02:38:01 pm »

Today my cousin, who had an asthma attack and spent 3 days in the hospital for it last week (???), and another 2 days at home recovering, and made sure everyone knew (via Facebook) how ill she was, posted: "So glad I have 2 days off...time to hit the bar!!!"

At 7:30 AM.

What the what?!?!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #717 on: October 10, 2011, 04:50:04 pm »

JL, She might have been joking.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #718 on: October 10, 2011, 05:20:38 pm »

Almost certainly.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #719 on: October 10, 2011, 05:30:52 pm »

I thought that at first...but someone else posted "Salad?" and she said, "Drink bar, we had a rough night. Gotta love the [Local Bar]!"

Knowing this particular cousin, I do not think she was joking.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 143   Go Up