Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fnord.

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 282006 times)

0 Members and 48 Guests are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #810 on: December 28, 2011, 10:50:50 pm »

Oh the drama!

This guy is a former student of mine who I've known since his teens, but he's now in his late 20's and sadly still posting like a teenager.  He has been quite prolific at causing unplanned pregnancies with more than one lady, and also with having really tumultuous relationships that he posts and pouts about a lot on FB.  I get a tad annoyed about his posting about his troubles in such a public way, but at the same time, it's got a sort of car-crash attraction to it that has prevented me from unfollowing him.  Needless to say, the dude has minimal income and prospects and lacks the basic maturity to parent. 

On December 24th:
Quote
BAH HUMBUG!!!!!
Ah fuck em', making us pay for them to go to the city assholes. I'm so tired of going back and forth person to person being dictated to about MY kids. UGH so frustrating, just ruined my Xmas, that's two years in a row. aint nobody gets it eh, I lose a son last year totally killed my xmas and now this year? I don't have my kids or the woman that's pregnant with MY baby? Man fuck it all to HELL!

Today:
Quote
OKAY more dumb asses, really n one bug me for real....you wanna test me fine DNA is what it is and once I prove its my baby, kiss the baby good bye because I will take full custody and you know I'm capable of it. You really need to re-asses priorities, dumb ass!!

The whole thing makes me glad that I'm only on the periphery of this guy's life.  I am sometimes tempted to post a "have some dignity" reply, but I know better than to get involved.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #811 on: December 29, 2011, 03:45:17 am »

Oh man that ain't good.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #812 on: December 29, 2011, 04:16:55 am »

It really ain't you know. 

There's something really frustrating about about watching someone blindly flail about their life, especially when a bunch of innocent and unprepared-for kids are brought into the mix.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #813 on: December 29, 2011, 07:29:35 pm »

Now the guy is going on about how he's writing a book about all this and how people will beg him to take it off the shelf...  I... uh... *head explodes*
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #814 on: January 03, 2012, 07:10:07 pm »

A lot of my facebook friends who extremely dramatic, take things really personally, and are into that whole asshole "brutally honest" thing are talking about how this year, they're going to stop being so nice to people they hate, or stop letting people walk all over them. Really?

I try to be pretty aware of my failings and weaknesses, and it is always really weird to interact with people who are this unaware of their own.

Yesterday some friends visited from out of town, and the night turned into hours and hours of gossip. I think this year I have learned a lot about how everyone is at least a little bit full of shit, and sometimes you put up with that because it is nice to have people to drink beer and eat pizza with. This is a concept I was aware of, but its reality is really coming to the fore lately.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #815 on: January 03, 2012, 07:23:02 pm »

Oh man that ain't good.

And yet I laughed.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #816 on: January 03, 2012, 07:57:09 pm »

And yet I laughed.

Hey, everyone needs to "re-asses" their priorities now and then.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #817 on: January 03, 2012, 09:12:41 pm »

I think this year I have learned a lot about how everyone is at least a little bit full of shit, and sometimes you put up with that because it is nice to have people to drink beer and eat pizza with.

Have a can.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #818 on: January 03, 2012, 09:28:52 pm »

It bugs me how this is one of those things that... people can tell you over and over, but it takes real life experience to penetrate your thick skull.

Or at least, it did for me.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #819 on: January 03, 2012, 11:35:50 pm »

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #820 on: January 04, 2012, 02:35:39 pm »

Man, oh man, Smells. That is pretty ridiculous. Especially the part about calling an Inuit woman an "illegal alien." OMFG.

On a related note, I just finished watching Reel Injun on Netflix. I have never lived in an area with a high concentration of Native Americans, nor have I ever watched Western films, so I was kind of surprised at how much racism has been directed (and is still being directed) at aboriginal people in my lifetime. I  kind of thought we were "over" the whole "hating on Native Americans" thing. I guess not.

Anyway, it's a stunning documentary, I thought Pedro would hate it because he usually doesn't like anything that encourages white guilt, but he wandered into the room while I was watching it alone and ended up sitting through the whole thing with me. I recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it yet.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #821 on: January 04, 2012, 04:49:57 pm »

I know a bunch of the folks in Reel Injun and really enjoyed the film. 

Check out artist Kent Monkman (aka Miss Chief Eagle Testicle) riffing on both the Indian and Drag Queen stereotypes in this montage. Isn't he fabulous?  He once installed a Louis Vitton inspired teepee in our local gallery.  I watched his films as I sat on a velvet chaise lounge in the teepee people!  A chaise lounge!  There was also a crystal chandelier style tee pee.  A bunch of non-aboriginal folks seemed to be timidly following me around the gallery and taking my lead on how to interact with the exhibit, which was pretty fun.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #822 on: January 04, 2012, 07:28:27 pm »

I waded back to the original article, in search of the comments that inspired the follow up piece, but was distracted by the following gem:

Quote from: Winnipeg Free News
The very first sentence, nay, word, is so horrifically bungled, that it looks like someone hired a third grade child to report on this story. Snip: "Winnipegs New Years baby..."
discussion omitted
Quote from: Winnipeg Free News
Now. Let's add the apostrophes, shall we? "Winnipeg's New Year's baby..." Ah.

I think we need to issue an honorary TOUAMB membership to Tia A. McCullough.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #823 on: January 05, 2012, 03:04:31 pm »

I have to share the first paragraph of a report I just read:

Quote
To whom it may concern: This writer, truly believes that, he was, fortunate enough, to be given, such an opportunity as this one, to have been able to have, attended this, scheduled session, of our, Heritage and, Cultural Camp outing, at the, (Name of place), (name of lake) Region Area. This writer would like to, take this, opportunity and, say, thank you, too, all of the, people, who, were involved  in with thee, organizing and, scheduling of this, Heritage and ,Cultural Camping Adventure.

It continues like that for two pages.  Holy, over use, of, commas, Bat,man!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #824 on: January 05, 2012, 03:09:12 pm »

I have to share the first paragraph of a report I just read:

It continues like that for two pages.  Holy, over use, of, commas, Bat,man!

Maybe the writer was really short of breath?
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 143   Go Up