Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 283571 times)

0 Members and 45 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #825 on: January 05, 2012, 04:21:54 pm »

I know a bunch of the folks in Reel Injun and really enjoyed the film. 

Wow, yeah, I guess that makes sense in retrospect. Is your background Cree or another tribe? I'm not as familiar with the Northern nations.

If you happen to know the director (or know someone who knows him) and run into him and happen to think of it, let him know that a couple of white people in the Southeast US really liked the film.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #826 on: January 05, 2012, 07:01:48 pm »

Wow, yeah, I guess that makes sense in retrospect. Is your background Cree or another tribe? I'm not as familiar with the Northern nations.

If you happen to know the director (or know someone who knows him) and run into him and happen to think of it, let him know that a couple of white people in the Southeast US really liked the film.

I don't know the director, but I do know Adam Beach (the actor in Windtalkers and a bunch of other films) a bit as he taught at the children's theatre and had make-outs with a friend of mine back in the day.  I haven't seen the film in a while.  I remeber that a couple of my friends were featured in it, which was why I watch it when it was originally aired here.

As for me, I'm Metis.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #827 on: January 05, 2012, 08:13:59 pm »

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #828 on: January 06, 2012, 12:44:30 am »

It bugs me how this is one of those things that... people can tell you over and over, but it takes real life experience to penetrate your thick skull.

Or at least, it did for me.

Like pretty much everything, in my experience.

Man, oh man, Smells. That is pretty ridiculous. Especially the part about calling an Inuit woman an "illegal alien." OMFG.

Sitting at bar with maybe eight people I work with. Somebody said something about "it stinks right here", another guy said something about "maybe there are some natives around", and just as I began saying "what the fuck is wrong with you" the guy next to me threw his tribal ID on the table and began to talk about what it's like to be a member of his tribe. I love when that shit happens. LOVE IT.

Edit: "Through"? What the fuck is wrong with me?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 05:30:22 pm by Nabubrush »
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #829 on: January 06, 2012, 03:39:18 am »

I don't know Nabu, that sounded pretty epic.  Did everybody get real quiet.  All eyes on this dude as he related his tale?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #830 on: January 06, 2012, 05:31:18 pm »

No, and he was pretty cool about it, but I gave the dick a huge ration of shit about it. All "wow, that's pretty inconvenient timing, eh?" and the like.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #831 on: January 06, 2012, 09:45:50 pm »

People shouldn't be poking a dude, but assault is sort of rude.

I was going to correct you about dropping the "A", but who am I kidding. There ain't much of an "A" anymore.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #832 on: January 06, 2012, 10:05:01 pm »

Quote
CAME HOME FROM SPENDING THE LAST WEEK WITH MY BROTHER WHO HAD OPEN HEART SURGERY . HE IS DOING GOOD FOR THE MOST PART ,STILL IN ALOT OF PAIN BUT AT LEAST THEY TOOK OUT ALL THE TUBES THEY MAY SEND HIM TO THE REHABILATATION HOSPITAL THIS WEEKEND ,SO GLAD HE IS DOING BETTER HE LOOKED REALLY BAD FOR AWHILE AND GUESS WHAT !!! I GOT A PRESENT ON THE WAY HOME A FLIPPING SPEEDING TICKET IN COLUMBIA MO ...........THANKS TO THE JERK PILOT. DO NOT CALL ME AND ASK ME FOR DONATATIONS ANYMORE I JUST GAVE

I kind of lost her towards the end there.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #833 on: January 07, 2012, 01:39:29 am »

Yesterday a dude in a store poked me in the back (oooops!) and asked me "You in the fuck*ng [gaaah]?"

I assume he wanted to know if I was in line for the register, but I guess what he really found out was don't poke and cuss at me or I might whip around and slap you in the fuck*ng eyes.

I think I was feeling a little too uppity when he set me off, usually I just verbally crawl up someone's ass when they commit that kind of faux pas.

I don't feel bad about it a lick, but did I go to far in reacting, TOUMB?

You slapped him in the eyes?

I'm on your side here though. Just like a dumb hick from Coeur d'Alene shouldn't push LeGarrette fuck*ng Blount on the shoulder and not expect to get dropped.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #834 on: January 07, 2012, 04:27:55 pm »

Here's a good one.  One of my friends posted this on Facebook this morning...

Quote
I don't have a Texans Shirt. But I have a Bengals one. Do you think it's safe to wear it today in public?

She grew up in Cincinnati.

About 6 comments in she gets this...

Quote
Doesnt matter as long as the sport as a whole continues to support animal abusers such Mike Vick and dozens of other criminals that get special treatment because of their roles as gladiators for you.
Keep being distracted. Pay no attention to that man behind the current. Its all OK. There is nothing wrong.
Shhhhh, the game will be starting soon. Pay no attention to your neighbors suddenly being rounded up and disappearing because its Play Off Time. Whooo Hoooo.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #835 on: January 07, 2012, 06:09:16 pm »

About 6 comments in she gets this...
Quote
Doesnt matter as long as the sport as a whole continues to support animal abusers such Mike Vick and dozens of other criminals that get special treatment because of their roles as gladiators for you.
Keep being distracted. Pay no attention to that man behind the current. Its all OK. There is nothing wrong.
Shhhhh, the game will be starting soon. Pay no attention to your neighbors suddenly being rounded up and disappearing because its Play Off Time. Whooo Hoooo.

Maybe they're Dead Kennedy's fans?

Yeah, that's it. Just relax.
Have another drink, few more pretzels, little more MSG.
Turn on those Dallas Cowboys on your TV.
Lock your doors. Close your mind.
It's time for the two-minute warning.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #836 on: January 07, 2012, 08:20:58 pm »

That's possible, who knows.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Jaded Tersk

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 49
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #837 on: January 07, 2012, 10:42:01 pm »

There's a certain kind of pseudo-intellectual for whom any competitive sport will bring their own inferiority complex into sharp focus.  Although they are tedious pricks with banal opinions they only half understand but are quick to spout, there is a certain kind of justice in that they also dislike themselves.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #838 on: January 07, 2012, 10:46:17 pm »

I mean, it is pretty true that a lot of professional athletes and other celebrities get away with crimes.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #839 on: January 07, 2012, 11:22:18 pm »

I mean, it is pretty true that a lot of professional athletes and other celebrities get away with crimes.

Sure, and the less I know about it the better.  But the dude comes off sounding like Pat.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 143   Go Up