The Back Ground:
As I've noted elsewhere I work with a lady who is a bat-shit mess, and the cherry-on-top is that she is super racist. My mind boggles at this because she is a minority herself and has experienced race-based oppression first hand. Anyway, she is straight up racist especially of anyone who is an immigrant (or if she perceives them as an immigrant based on race or religion, even if they're not). When it comes to this gal, if I call her on her bullshit (as I have in the past) there is a shit storm of tears, passive aggressive attempts to guilt me and dealing with hours (and I mean
hours) of her arguing with me that will prevent me from doing my work.
The Most Recent Issue:
Recently in the next province over there was a high profile murder trial where
as father, son and second wife were found guilty of killing their two daughters and the first wife in what has been labelled a Muslim honour killing.
Recently in my own city, a
horrible fire took the life of an entire family except for the father, who was at work at the time. His wife, visiting mother and three daughters (one being a four month old) died. Terribly sad tragedy. And, oh, yeah, not that it has any relation to the story, but the family was Muslim. All you need to do is glance at the comments section of the article to see the racist garbage that falls from some morons mouths about this. Needless to say, my office mate is such a moron.
Bat-shit lady keeps asking me if I think this local man killed his family. From her past (up to week long) performances when I have called her on her shit, I have instead respond to this inquiry with stone-silence. The thing is, I think it is important to call people on their bullshit when it comes to racism, yet at the same time, doing so is a terrible inconvenience to me and everyone else who shares our office, and it doesn't actually seem to affect any change. We have different supervisors, and I've brought this to both of them, mine agrees she's totally inappropriate and needs to be dealt with (by her supervisor) and her supervisor says the same, but hasn't taken action because he is not around enough to deal with the aftermath. So, yeah... I have the green light to come down hard on her, but no one who will deal with her when the shit hits the fan. Sucks.