Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Education.

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 283848 times)

0 Members and 43 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1140 on: June 10, 2012, 09:25:34 pm »

Well if it's in National Geographic, it must be true. But I wonder if whoever created that image is just mocking the whole "if it's from the earth it must be good" attitude.

I kinda doubt it. It strikes me as the kinda thing that I am more accustomed to seeing from the right wing, a fabricated image that is so ridiculously false that only an idiot would believe it.

Okay, I did a little research and apparently the image is real, but it's not from National Geographic.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1141 on: June 13, 2012, 02:50:35 am »

These two posts were back to back in my Facebook feed just a little bit ago. It gave me a chuckle. I have a diverse group of friends, I guess.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1142 on: June 22, 2012, 08:46:43 pm »

Hey everyone, remember Batshit?  Well her son straight up murdered someone when he got in an argument at a party last weekend.  Batshit has already concocted a bullshit story about how it was "self-defense."  Which explains why he's on the lamb right now, right?  I suppose the irrational-fly-off-the-handle-apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1143 on: June 22, 2012, 09:07:04 pm »

Nah, I like gallows humour just fine, as per my apple joke.  Worst of all 1) she did something really shitty work-wise that has been totally forgotten because she's a total mess because of this and 2) she has pretty much been absent without pay all week and getting hella sympathy, but I fail to understand why.  Her kid murdered someone, shouldn't you get the opposite of sympathy, especially when you're a shitty person as well?  

Also, until this very moment, I thought it really was "on the lamb" and was wondering about phrase origin as I wrote it.  I figured it was related to "lambasted" and maybe it is, but the "b" is for the basted, not for the lam?  Also, mmmmm.... lamb.  I should thaw out some lamb chops to grill for dinner tomorrow.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 01:36:11 am by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1144 on: June 22, 2012, 11:46:09 pm »

"On the lamb" conjured images related to New Zealanders and Welshmen wearing Wellington's for me.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1145 on: June 23, 2012, 10:40:06 pm »



Will Rogers is commenting on Trickle Down Economics? Really? I call bullshit on that quote.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1146 on: June 23, 2012, 11:14:45 pm »

WikiQuote says it is legit.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1147 on: June 24, 2012, 01:30:51 am »

Yeah, the guy that posted it on Facebook also schooled me. Sorry, I was wrong. My knowledge of Trickle Down Theory is more recent. Apparently it was an already disproven theory (not just by Will Rogers) when it became the backbone of "Reganomics" in the '80s.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1148 on: June 24, 2012, 02:02:13 am »

I was surprised too. No need for apologies here, Paul. I am skeptical of that junk too.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1149 on: June 24, 2012, 07:34:10 am »

I assume all of them are completely fabricated. A friend of mine posted one on the value of being true to yourself and not caring what other people think, attributed to Oscar Wilde. Five seconds of googling later, Olivia Wilde. Bit of a difference.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1150 on: June 25, 2012, 04:04:07 am »

Oh good I've been invited to 'do you really care about us?' the Facebook event where I can 'attend' a non existent event to show how much I care about gay rights. Apparently caring enough to press 'accept' is super lots!

BUT WE'RE RAISING AWARENESS!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1151 on: June 26, 2012, 03:08:26 am »

I'm see I'm not the only one who's fed up with this shit.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1152 on: June 26, 2012, 05:36:08 am »

I'm glad that the guy who calls him out also uses the word "sheeple" in a weird way. MEGA DOUCHE.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1153 on: June 27, 2012, 01:18:27 am »

Yeah, my mom gets a lot of shit like that posted by her ritchie-rich friends who have LITERALLY NEVER HAD A JOB.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1154 on: June 27, 2012, 05:04:38 am »

I guess I missed that day in class, dammit.

So when Jesus fed the masses, he was preventing them from taking care of themselves, and instead setting them up to expect help from a benevolent deity?

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 143   Go Up