Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 282216 times)

0 Members and 45 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1260 on: August 03, 2012, 08:57:49 pm »

I am with JL on this one. Got in a big argument with all 5 roommates and their girlfriends about this two days ago.

If I had thought for another minute I would have pointed out that by smoking cigarettes, they are giving ~5$ a day to a company that literally kills millions of Americans.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1261 on: August 03, 2012, 08:59:19 pm »

That cigarette thing is not relevant in any way here, sorry.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1262 on: August 03, 2012, 09:06:55 pm »

That cigarette thing is not relevant in any way here, sorry.

I agree. Now if they were taking their cigarette profits and spending it to deny rights to non smokers it would be close.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1263 on: August 03, 2012, 09:15:54 pm »

The tobacco industry spends its profits on lobbying to ensure they can continue killing people (parents, siblings, friends, lovers, etc) with their toxic products. I guess you are right that that is not the same as hurting people's feelings.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1264 on: August 03, 2012, 09:38:04 pm »

there's always been a strong conservative force that fights against progress, since the fuck*ng dawn of man. it's goddamned tribalism and the tribes keep getting smaller. i just want to grab people by the ears and shout down their mouths WE'RE ALL THE SAME fuck*ng TRIBE
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1265 on: August 04, 2012, 12:48:16 am »

there's always been a strong conservative force that fights against progress, since the fuck*ng dawn of man. it's goddamned tribalism and the tribes keep getting smaller. i just want to grab people by the ears and shout down their mouths WE'RE ALL THE SAME fuck*ng TRIBE

Amen!

THERE IS NO THEM!!!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1266 on: August 04, 2012, 01:02:35 am »

The tobacco industry spends its profits on lobbying to ensure they can continue killing people (parents, siblings, friends, lovers, etc) with their toxic products. I guess you are right that that is not the same as hurting people's feelings.

One is a company selling something dangerous.  The other is people rallying behind a fuck*ng chicken restaurant because their president hates gay people just like them!  There is no connection in my mind.  If you can show me that connection I'd be happy to change my mind.  If I ate meat I may or may not still eat from there, but I sure as fuck would not have yesterday.  I actually probably wouldn't eat there either, not because of money so much as just not wanting to look pro-homophobia in any way (cuz that's fuck*ng stupid).

Anyway, both of those things should be aloud in the USA, so it doesn't really matter?  It only matters if you ate at chick fil a yesterday to support an anti gay agenda, cause then you are a dick.  I actually called my mom yesterday to remind her that, no matter what I do or how I embarrass her I won't be at any paterno or cfa rally's, so I can only be a fuck up for my lifetime.  The future will not see pictures of me being a fuck up.  I cannot imagine a similar perspective w cigarettes?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1267 on: August 04, 2012, 01:03:57 am »

Amen!

THERE IS NO THEM!!!

Wait, wait, are you saying the universe is alive and everything on this planet is just the universe experiencing itself?  Far out
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1268 on: August 04, 2012, 03:43:26 am »

I thought the company itself actually gave financial contributions to these groups that, among other things, lobby against gay marriage? If that's the case I think the chain of causality makes a boycott pretty justified. Not that I'm going to judge anyone who eats their chicken, I cause way more human suffering with most of my daily spending choices.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1269 on: August 04, 2012, 04:21:46 am »

I tried the conservative christian hate chicken tonight and it was pretty good. Later I had some gay friendly KFC.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1270 on: August 04, 2012, 04:31:29 am »

I saw that clip before and I think Mr.Goodman says it best: "Personally, I don't give a shit. You're all just a bunch of money mouths talking and eating." That is the kind of ambivalence most companies should have towards such things as gay marriage.

IMHO this conversation could/should have ended with Keith's last comment.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1271 on: August 07, 2012, 12:10:47 am »

IMHO this conversation could/should have ended with Keith's last comment.

Well it didn't, sorry.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1272 on: August 27, 2012, 11:17:01 pm »

Last week I hid a whole bunch of people from my Facebook feed and it felt really good, like getting a haircut.

Just a minute ago one of my friends posted some outrageous bullshit and I started to debunk it. I caught myself in mid Google. I went back to Facebook and hid them from my newsfeed instead. It felt good.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1273 on: August 28, 2012, 03:49:35 am »

i dropped like 30 people from my friends list a couple weeks ago. because they're basically strangers who i've met once or twice, not because they've offended me. though there's one guy who uses SO MANY APPS i feel like unfriending him would be easier than blocking every app
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1274 on: August 28, 2012, 04:47:12 pm »

None of my friends enjoy me calling the mayor a "racist shitbag."

I find it really weird to be in an argument where my aggressive, angry roommate is saying that it is more important for a politician to be "civil," and I am saying that they should call each other out on being racist shitbags.

This city doesn't need more polite politicians. It needs people who know what the fuck is going on. I would totally vote for an asshole who advances the interests of citizens.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 04:50:28 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 143   Go Up