Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 283774 times)

0 Members and 44 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1275 on: August 28, 2012, 06:54:18 pm »

Inev, you know this blog, right? In case you need moral support.

http://yoisthisracist.com/
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1276 on: August 28, 2012, 07:57:36 pm »

OK, who posted the Rad Chilies question, yo?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1277 on: August 28, 2012, 09:18:09 pm »

"Yo, if you consider seeing a racist 8 year-old’s “tits” to be some kind of pleasant memory, you need to drive yourself to jail right now."

That made me chuckle.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1278 on: August 31, 2012, 02:54:50 am »

lots of break-ins in my neighborhood recently. The email list is blowing up with people talking about suspicious behavior they have witnessed. But also: people talking about how they left their car unlocked and had things stolen out of it. SERIOUSLY!?

If having valuable documents stolen out of your unlocked car makes you feel so unsafe that you want to leave the neighborhood, maybe you need to just keep driving until you are 100 miles from the nearest person. Even in my parents' fancy country club neighborhood I would not leave valuables sitting in plain view in my car, much less unlocked.

It would not be productive to respond to this chain of thought.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1279 on: August 31, 2012, 04:46:59 am »

it would be fun and non-productive to reply with this image:

Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1280 on: August 31, 2012, 05:08:37 am »

I leave valuables in an unlocked car all the time. I also do not lock the doors of my house when I leave. I am not really afraid of being robbed. (Although I probably should be). But I would not be surprised if somebody opened my front door and decided to walk out with some of my stuff. I wouldn't even be that pissed off. I would be like, "Oh, damn. Well, my bad."

In my previous 'hood, where we *did* lock our doors and keep our cars locked, we had our windows smashed and radios stolen multiple times. It cost much more to repair the broken windows than to replace the stereos (especially since one time they caught the guy and we got our radio back). I figure, theft is preferable to property damage, and if somebody wants to steal stuff that bad, they're gonna find a way.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1281 on: August 31, 2012, 06:10:51 am »

yeah, that is what is weird. getting emails like "I left my passport and wallet sitting on my dashboard and someone opened my unlocked car door and took it." What??
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1282 on: September 22, 2012, 07:25:26 pm »



My comment: "Do I need to explain how this poster completely misunderstands the original message?"
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1283 on: September 23, 2012, 02:19:29 am »

I am allowed to hate both, right?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1284 on: September 23, 2012, 04:44:44 am »

I am allowed to hate both, right?

Well sure, I suppose, but I don't know why you would hate the original. It seems to me like a good message to tell the nation at that time; hey, the shit's about to hit the fan, but we need you to not panic and we need you to keep working.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1285 on: September 27, 2012, 02:19:06 pm »

"Keep Calm and Carry On" always makes me think of "Close your eyes and think of England."
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1286 on: September 27, 2012, 05:13:58 pm »

sorry, forgot about this. Paul, I guess what I mean is: I would not hate that saying/image if the people wearing it on their t-shirts were currently living through WWII air raids.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1287 on: September 27, 2012, 06:27:03 pm »

I know a woman who lived through the London Blitz. I should ask her what she thinks about the slogan.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1288 on: September 28, 2012, 02:52:54 am »

Oh man, some kids are wearing stupid ass like keep calm and chive on shirts here now.  I think I have also seen keep calm and trill on or something like that.  I hate those shirts.  I was alright with the keep calm and carry on until I saw it on a poster at target, then I was out.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1289 on: September 28, 2012, 09:01:13 pm »

ain't skitch great. too bad your white-on-black text over that white-on-black drawing is practically illegible. next time flip the font&shadow colors, or try a bright primary or secondary color with no shadow
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 143   Go Up