Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TOUAMB: Debating the decline and fall of Chris Onstad since 2003.

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 282352 times)

0 Members and 45 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1320 on: December 16, 2012, 01:52:23 am »

It's enough to make you throw up.

Ugh. Response: It was less about the absence of god and more about the presence of a fuck*ng psychopath with a gun.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1321 on: December 16, 2012, 02:14:16 am »

Our loving creator says "they won't let kids pray to me in there, so I am totally going to let these kids die to prove a point."

I guess, actually, that that sounds like something OT god would do.

(nesting: I am making a post in Shit my _____ says that could itself be posted in the thread)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1322 on: December 16, 2012, 02:58:21 am »

People are scared.  Fear is the mind destroyer. It makes you think, say and do stupid things.  They want assurance and easy solutions and as always there are plenty of ignorant and/or unethical people around to offer them.

It's sad.  Lots of people think the universe works in an unnecessarily cruel way.  I don't understand it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1323 on: December 16, 2012, 03:34:13 am »

People are scared.  Fear is the mind destroyer. It makes you think, say and do stupid things.  They want assurance and easy solutions and as always there are plenty of ignorant and/or unethical people around to offer them.

It's sad.  Lots of people think the universe works in an unnecessarily cruel way.  I don't understand it.

You know, I really agree.  Linea posted this quote on her FB, which I'm posting here because it has been the only useful response I've seen about the whole thing:


“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, “Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.” To this day, especially in times of “disaster,” I remember my mother’s words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers – so many caring people in this world.” - Mr. Rogers

 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1324 on: December 16, 2012, 04:08:11 am »

Thank you August and Smells (and everyone else). I love it when I vent some stupid bullshit that I see on Facebook and you wonderful people find a way to bring me around to seeing a little humanity.

Also, hats off to Little Porkin' for the "get the derp going" description of things. That was pretty dead on.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1325 on: December 17, 2012, 05:35:47 pm »

If that was an actual reporter and not a fake account, dick deserves better than being eaten by her.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1326 on: December 20, 2012, 07:41:18 am »



I responded to point out it should say "fewer people," not "less people." Does that make me the dick here? Probably.

Also, that does not sound like a smart girl, that sounds like a girl with anxiety issues.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1327 on: December 20, 2012, 07:47:25 am »

also "that's the ones" equals grrr
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1328 on: December 20, 2012, 01:49:36 pm »

smart girls are better writers and graphic designers than that
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1329 on: December 20, 2012, 02:29:11 pm »

Also, that does not sound like a smart girl, that sounds like a girl with anxiety issues.

Good point. The implication that well-adjusted, confident girls who get 8 hours of sleep aren't smart is kind of offensive. You'd never hear something like that about smart boys.

smart girls are better writers and graphic designers than that

I laughed out loud.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1330 on: December 20, 2012, 02:43:53 pm »

I can't decide if this was written by a girl trying to convince herself that she's smart, or by a guy who doesn't know what women are like.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1331 on: December 20, 2012, 02:50:06 pm »

I kid you not, there are two ladies in my office right now, in their 50's talking about diabetes and their healthy diet plans while eating chocolate covered cookies and drinking pop.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1332 on: December 20, 2012, 03:02:25 pm »

I always forget to post stuff I see on facebook to this thread, but today I ran across an oldie but a goodie:

Quote
I will say this about the Chik-fil-A issue. I do not support re-defining marriage. This is not because I harbor any hatred for anyone, but because I do not believe it is in the best interests of society. However, the next time the mayors of several prominent U.S. cities are overtly hostile to a business and to its owner's First Amendment rights because that owner openly supports gay marriage, I will be the first in line to patronize that business. Why? Because countless Americans have both lived and died protecting mine and other Americans' freedom to hold and express our respective personal opinions. To me, that freedom is more important than the actual substance of those opinions.

It has been my consistent experience that the loudest advocates of tolerance are often the least likely to exercise it. In my opinion, those who do not see the hypocrisy of those who, under the guise of tolerance, seek to quiet opposing view points are either ignorant or confused.

That the danger of this assault on personal liberty is not immediately apparent to all Americans is both troubling and disappointing.

Of all the dumb shit in the post my favorite is that he opens with "I will say this...". It's like he imagined his facebook friends staring at their monitors, waiting with bated breath for his pronouncement on this important issue. Also, he misspelled Chick-fil-A.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1333 on: December 25, 2012, 12:31:53 am »

When you find something weird in a cabinet on christmas eve, don't loudly ask your family what it is. You will realize that one of your siblings wants to post you on this thread.

"HEY GUYS, COME DOWN HERE AND LOOK AT THIS-- WHY ARE THERE CUPCAKES IN THIS CABINET? WHAT ARE THESE DOING DOWN HERE, IN THIS CABINET WE NEVER USE?"

you asshole, inev.

(knowing my family, I assumed they were forgotten from some party or something.)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 12:35:36 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1334 on: December 25, 2012, 02:20:38 am »

Dang Inev, you ruined the surprise.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 143   Go Up