Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 282770 times)

0 Members and 44 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1365 on: February 24, 2013, 09:12:09 am »

Today I was talking about the phrase "the ____ you love to hate" and my mixed feelings about it. I definitely went on and on, and eventually my roommate said "so basically... it's the expression you love to hate?"

Well played.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1366 on: March 08, 2013, 02:52:44 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1367 on: March 08, 2013, 04:38:50 pm »

Wait, what?

Is this left over from the Bush administration? Because I don't think I have heard anyone say that unemployment is under 10% since at least 2002.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1368 on: March 08, 2013, 05:08:57 pm »

NYT news alert this morning said 7.7% "lowest in four years"
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1369 on: March 09, 2013, 11:47:05 pm »

Oh brother...
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1370 on: March 11, 2013, 01:52:01 pm »

The only discrepancy I know of with the "official" unemployment stat is that it doesn't count people who've given up on looking for work. Not sure what that would make the number.

I saw one the other day that basically said "We didn't have income taxes before 1913 and everything was fine." I don't even know where to BEGIN with that one.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1371 on: March 12, 2013, 03:05:54 pm »

I told my father that I can't refinance my FHA loan because the mortgage insurance rates went up. He basically said the government should stop meddling with FHA loans. I'm not sure that those letters mean what he thinks they mean.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1372 on: March 12, 2013, 03:52:38 pm »

"Keep your government hands off my Medicare!" Apparently heard more than once at Tea Party rallies.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1373 on: March 12, 2013, 08:28:52 pm »

"When will I be moving back to the checking (IE, cashier) department? Probably when I die and go to hell."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1374 on: March 13, 2013, 01:41:19 am »

I can't handle knowing a person who posted on the wall of the festival we went to complaining that there weren't enough "babes, queers, or brown people" in the bands that played.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1375 on: March 13, 2013, 02:16:53 am »

You mean the bands in nashville were heavy on straight white dudes? What is this country coming to.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1376 on: March 13, 2013, 02:22:55 am »

What is funniest to me is the implicit assumption that, like, people of color and gays and women would somehow benefit by being encouraged to play a fun little indie rock festival. The black community would be better off if there were more kids wearing plaid shirts and doing Gram Parsons imitations.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1377 on: March 14, 2013, 06:46:41 pm »

Open ketchup, not in the fridge?  Unheard of around these parts, but then, we go through maybe half a bottle a year unless I use it as a sauce base. 

Also note, its classier Heinz brother is turning away from the camera in shame.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1378 on: March 14, 2013, 07:56:34 pm »

Katsoup is fine at room temperature unless, as sMells stated, you don't use much of it. In a couple of years Smells, you'll be using a lot more catsup. For some reason kids just love the stuff. They even put it on hot dogs. (I'm kidding, I'm kidding, please don't start that debate again).
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1379 on: March 15, 2013, 04:52:02 am »

I love me some cat soup, but if you have it too often the neighbors will notice.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 143   Go Up