Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 283360 times)

0 Members and 47 Guests are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1380 on: March 15, 2013, 06:42:15 pm »

All my soup is cat soup. Having three cats means all my food has a light sprinking of cat in it.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1381 on: March 15, 2013, 07:11:08 pm »

One of my favourite podcasters frequently states that "the world is covered in a fine layer of poo.  This is why I only eat deep fried food".
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1382 on: March 16, 2013, 12:11:13 am »

[19 YO KID] "Write a letter to Netflix and rip them for more show selections."

[ME] "When I grew up I had a choice of 9 broadcast stations. THAT'S ALL FOLKS."

FOGEY FTW

9?  You were lucky.  We had 4.  Then 5.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1383 on: March 16, 2013, 01:03:07 am »

When I was in elementary school, we had 3 - and one of those was in black&white.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1384 on: March 16, 2013, 01:05:32 am »

Man I am in my mid 20s and I grew up with 7?  8?

I am damn happy about that and still only have 7 or 8.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1385 on: March 16, 2013, 02:16:32 am »

I swear if was one of you guys on here that first posted this but my memory is for crap right now. Anyway, remember how warm and nostalgic you get for the old school simplicity of Commodore 64 and wish you still had easy access to some of the games? That's how your kids will feel about the iPhone you hand them when they get bored at a party. They'll reminisce about their favorite apps.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1386 on: March 16, 2013, 02:53:12 am »

When I was a kid we had 3 stations, by the time I graduated from high school we were up to 6.  When I was little all of the stations went off the air at night. Some of them still did at the time I graduated.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1387 on: March 16, 2013, 04:08:01 pm »

Remember, I was in the SoCal basin and so had the advantage of location. I mean c'mon, I got to watch the Three Stooges on Gene Autry's TV station.

Gene Autry spent the night in my Grandparent's house in Greenville, Kentucky.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1388 on: March 16, 2013, 04:13:03 pm »

Man I am in my mid 20s and I grew up with 7?  8?

I am damn happy about that and still only have 7 or 8.
Same age, but I can't remember a time without cable. My earliest memory of television is watching the disney channel every morning before pre-school.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1389 on: March 16, 2013, 04:33:01 pm »

9?  You were lucky.  We had 4.  Then 5.

I'm about the same age as Ash and AW, I think, but we must have been really early adopters of cable. If you didn't have it, you got one station halfway decently, and one or two others poorly. Whenever I was at my high school girlfriend's house, we ALWAYS watched NBC because that was the only station she got.
But at our house, we originally had 12 channels (2 through 13), though a lot of them were kinda duplicates--I think there were three NBC affiliates, two ABC, two or three CBS. Then in roughly 7th grade, we got a little box that allowed you to select more channels--we got ESPN, TBS, CNN, and USA. Then a year or two later, they added MTV (it was channel 19, I remember it well) and man that was HUGE.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1390 on: March 16, 2013, 08:49:54 pm »

We've had cable as long as I can remember. I recall checking out MTV a couple times for Monty Python but once they stopped showing that I never turned it on again.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1391 on: March 16, 2013, 10:16:36 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1392 on: March 16, 2013, 11:54:16 pm »

Who then, in the creator's mind, is the real president?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1393 on: March 17, 2013, 03:20:59 am »

My wife's grandfather was Frank James.  Actually, he was Clyde Ellis, but saying he was Frank James got him more drinks at bars.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1394 on: March 17, 2013, 05:07:43 am »

Who then, in the creator's mind, is the real president?

I'm guessing they are saying he's illegitimate because he was born in Kenya or whatever. So the real president would be, Oh I don't know, John McCain I guess?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 143   Go Up