I don't think you did anything wrong. Sometimes people just don't like jokes like that. I worry about things like that ever since I made an off-color joke on a picture of my friend's family member, and then his grandma saw it and apparently asked him about it. Yeesh.
Today was a good one at work. Every customer did at least one thing I couldn't understand. Like, not mean things, just completely bizarre and incomprehensible. MORE THAN ONE PERSON asked for an "ice cream smoothie" and then were confused when I said "one milkshake, coming up!" Multiple people tried to swipe their card on the card reader when my back was turned, before I had even seen that they were there, and one of them got MAD at me when I said "oh, I didn't see you there, can I help you with something ma'am?" She shook her head angrily and walked away muttering.
Also my coworker caught a guy stealing, he yelled at her and called her a bitch, so she told him to get his crackhead ass out of her store, and then he just stood there screaming at her and threatening her until a cop came and made him leave. This guy comes in and buys ice cream cones from me with his food stamp card, and is covered in really scary tattoos. Including knuckle tattoos that say SLOW PAIN. I don't even know what that means on your knuckles.