Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 283776 times)

0 Members and 44 Guests are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1605 on: July 03, 2013, 08:34:32 am »

That reminds me of this book I read once. But that was about alien pets, so, you know, completely different.

Beat me to it.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1606 on: July 04, 2013, 12:07:27 am »

Because I don't want you guys to miss out on any of my humiliating adventures:

"So, I guess someone is seeing my apartment tonight."
"oh, sure. That can happen."
"no, I mean, I have to clean it."
"I don't care about that! Give me a break!"
"no. No. Not you. Someone is coming to look at my apartment, with my landlord. To rent it. I probably can't make our date."
"oh."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1607 on: July 04, 2013, 01:04:27 am »

the funny thing is i can picture you on either side of that conversation
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1608 on: July 05, 2013, 03:02:39 am »

Long chain of complainers on my neighborhood forum talking about fireworks.

Quote
Unfortunate that on a day where people all over our city are feeling joy and pride, so many in our neighborhood are grumpy about a little noise. Wasn't this country founded by lawbreakers, runaways, and scalawags? Hopefully one day everyone in Shaw will be wise enough to stay in and complain on the internet instead of having fun with their neighbors. ah well. I just got home from work, time to go out and enjoy the holiday.

I couldn't help myself. Probably going to get told off by a bunch of grumpy old assholes. Sure, fireworks are unsafe and noisy. In the city with the highest crime rate in the US, I'm happy to see people of all shapes, sizes, colors, whatever having fun and watching pretty lights in the sky. Everywhere I looked on my drive home I saw families, couples, singles, everyone out watching the fireworks. Driving home took forever because there were cars parked on every bridge blocking a lane of traffic. I got to stop long enough in traffic to look out and see the fireworks exploding behind the arch. Beautiful.

confirmed that I did it right, because everyone is yelling at me and cussing and calling me an asshole. Feels like victory.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 04:49:53 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1609 on: July 05, 2013, 05:46:21 am »

Way to be man!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1610 on: July 05, 2013, 06:06:39 am »

I wish I had been a little less snotty, or something, but man these people are freaking out about these fireworks, and saying how the people shooting them off are bad neighbors, inconsiderate, selgiraffe, bad parents putting their kids in danger, etc.

I'm sure comparing fireworks to jaywalking or going through a stop sign on your bike would not help the situation.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 06:17:13 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1611 on: July 05, 2013, 11:44:59 am »

I bet they complain about the noise and music and high-fat treats when the ice cream truck comes around too.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1612 on: July 05, 2013, 03:28:06 pm »

Nothing like going to a free, public fireworks display to remind you that our forefathers fought and died to protect our inalienable right to behave like a jerk.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1613 on: July 05, 2013, 06:53:28 pm »

confirmed that I did it right, because everyone is yelling at me and cussing and calling me an asshole. Feels like victory.
Damn straight.  Have a can.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1614 on: July 05, 2013, 09:37:52 pm »

Have a whole six pack.

I saw some fireworks and made this image from it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1615 on: July 06, 2013, 02:55:19 am »

they are still talking about it, 24 hours later. Normally this much discussion only happens when someone suggests you don't have to call the cops every time you see a black guy outside.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1616 on: July 06, 2013, 03:53:11 am »

they are still talking about it, 24 hours later. Normally this much discussion only happens when someone suggests you don't have to call the cops every time you see a black guy outside.
I asked a black guy if he needed directions last week and he went full on militant on my ass. He rolled down all the windows to show his wife and kids in the car and then got out and asked 'why the fck' I was asking that question. He said he saw a sign a for an open house (at 8pm) and wanted to check it out. I explained he was going the wrong way down a one way road and that he could turn around in my driveway. Asking him to turn around and go away didn't go over so I just said "Ok man, I have to get back to what I was doing. Good luck with the house!" This seriously rattled me for a few reasons and the girl got mad that I let it get to me - that some guy was out there cursing me as a racist because I offered directions.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1617 on: July 06, 2013, 05:42:07 pm »

You should ask the "Is this racist" guy if you were being racist.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1618 on: July 06, 2013, 05:53:16 pm »

you were not being racist, obviously, but I think a lot of black people have had a lot of bad experiences with people trying to let them know they are not wanted in a certain area. Unfortunately you got yelled at by a guy who judged wrong. At work I always wondered why black customers were so suspicious of me until I realized that many of my coworkers are quazi-openly rude and unhelpful to black customers.

People sometimes suck.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1619 on: August 01, 2013, 05:23:35 pm »

This "friend" I really don't like, but can't escape because my friends are all apologists for her, is slowly insinuating herself into cultural power structures in this city. She sucks, refuses to listen to anyone else's ideas, doesn't care about anyone but herself and her friends, and is a relentless self-promoter. UGH.

She keeps talking recently about how we need better "publicity," and saying that a lot of our problems are problems of perception-- "I live in St Louis and I have never been mugged and I have a good job, why can't the media tell more representative stories?" Because her story is more "representative" of St Louis than statistics???

This week there have been TWO humiliating stories in the NYT about St Louis, one about school transfers and racism and one that touches on My Alma Mater Not Caring about Poor Students. Maybe our publicity person could somehow fix the perception that these problems exist?

Jesus. I have disliked this lady for so many years, but I feel like if I make that better known I will become The Bad Guy.

I also got in a pretty intense argument at work with a customer who wanted to talk to me about the recent fast food walkouts. Week of confrontation.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 143   Go Up