Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 283113 times)

0 Members and 43 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1635 on: October 10, 2013, 01:46:27 am »

People will literally believe anything.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1636 on: October 10, 2013, 03:39:31 pm »

Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1637 on: October 10, 2013, 03:51:18 pm »

That is brilliant.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1638 on: October 15, 2013, 03:56:27 pm »

There is this guy at work who always wants to "prove" to me that he is smarter/knows more than me, even though he didn't go to college. I would be open to the possibility if he said anything that wasn't completely bonkers.

Yesterday I posted an article about pre-columbian American civilizations and he responded "I already knew this." Something about that made me laugh so hard I almost fell off the bed. You already knew what? Everything in the article?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1639 on: October 15, 2013, 07:18:19 pm »

I just one upped him. :)
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1640 on: October 15, 2013, 07:57:03 pm »

Yeah, the Atlantic sometimes has excellent stuff. Especially Ta-Nehisi Coates. He is The Boss.

I want to say, this guy is definitely smart. But the ways he tries to prove he is smart reveal more about the chip on his shoulder than his intelligence.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1641 on: October 15, 2013, 08:07:30 pm »

There is this guy at work who always wants to "prove" to me that he is smarter/knows more than me, even though he didn't go to college. I would be open to the possibility if he said anything that wasn't completely bonkers.

Yesterday I posted an article about pre-columbian American civilizations and he responded "I already knew this." Something about that made me laugh so hard I almost fell off the bed. You already knew what? Everything in the article?

I worked with that guy at grocery store, too. I made the mistake of telling them I was going to nerd camp for a few weeks and he spent the night drawing out the most efficient way to get around the store. Then he posted out his maps on the back of the cardboard display blocking off our work area.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1642 on: October 25, 2013, 04:11:55 pm »

People fainting at Obama speeches, is that the best you've got crazy republicans? I just thought this was hilarious.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1643 on: October 30, 2013, 12:35:18 am »

This group of girls I am friends with posted this article and are all talking about it and living it.

A related trend, not mentioned in the article, is guys I know saying "I don't want to live in this fuck*ng planet anymore" and "I give up on human civilization" and "shoot me into the sun, I volunteer, get me away from this fuck*ng witch thing."

The idea that this isn't just my roommate's ex and her weird friends, that queer overeducated women all over the country are into this weird bullshit, is just too much for me to handle. I can't take it.

I want to say something about how post-colonial theory and postmodernism have poisoned their brains until they are incapable of discerning actually valid thoughts or opinions from brainless ancient cultural detritus, but, that is maybe not exactly what I mean.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1644 on: October 30, 2013, 12:54:30 am »

Is anyone really taking it seriously? That front page article seems to lay this out as something bored young people are doing to add theatrics to their lives. Like a LARP for hipster girls.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1645 on: October 30, 2013, 01:23:57 am »

it is like that, probably. But like, I don't hang out with LARP dudes who talk about their characters and wear LARP gear all the time, why would I want to be around "Witch LARP" girls who talk about candles and seances all the time.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1646 on: October 30, 2013, 01:41:20 am »

Quote from: Article
You have all these people who are disillusioned with big institutions – religions, corporations, big money – who want to connect to a larger meaning

They are looking for somebody different to lie to them.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1647 on: October 30, 2013, 03:59:13 am »

it is like that, probably. But like, I don't hang out with LARP dudes who talk about their characters and wear LARP gear all the time, why would I want to be around "Witch LARP" girls who talk about candles and seances all the time.

Same reason we want to be around all the girls?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1648 on: October 30, 2013, 06:28:01 am »

Doc is all, bone! Bone! Bone! Bone!
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1649 on: October 30, 2013, 10:24:08 pm »

I want to say something about how post-colonial theory and postmodernism have poisoned their brains until they are incapable of discerning actually valid thoughts or opinions from brainless ancient cultural detritus, but, that is maybe not exactly what I mean.

When I took this photo last week I didn't know it was a thing.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 143   Go Up