Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
The tip jar is broken, but Wombat will entertain bribe offers, assuming she can find this edit screen again.

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 282074 times)

0 Members and 44 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1665 on: November 12, 2013, 04:13:42 am »

I ran into my favorite alderman at a party and we talked about what we are up to. He told me applying to grad school is a stupid waste of time. Then said, "wait, for what? urban planning? actually, yeah, that one is a good idea. all the jobs I apply to say I need a master's in urban planning. What do they teach you? just like, how many cars fit on a road and stuff?"

I really like that. I just want to know how many cars can fit on a road.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1666 on: November 12, 2013, 07:14:10 am »

It is a question for the ages.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1667 on: November 12, 2013, 05:02:02 pm »

There needs to be more education on that precise question down and out here because some motherfuckers have been getting that shit seriously wrong for a long while now.

We have the same issue here in Houston, but I've driven in LA and seriously, it's a fuck*ng nightmare. But the problem isn't that they can't figure it out, it's just that by the time they get the roads built another million assholes have moved into the city.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1668 on: November 12, 2013, 07:00:02 pm »

My experience with driving in LA is different than anywhere else. When traffic is moving, its going 80+mph and every car is inches away from catastrophic collision on all 4 sides. Oh and those one-car red light/green lights at the on ramps, making no bones about the fact you are about to launch onto the racetrack.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1669 on: November 12, 2013, 08:46:02 pm »

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1670 on: November 13, 2013, 04:29:32 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1671 on: November 14, 2013, 06:27:24 am »

Sometimes I wonder if some of the tinfoil hat brigade are actually ringers from the other side of the spectrum trying to kneecap the side they're ostensibly on.
Logged

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1672 on: November 14, 2013, 07:10:05 am »

It's true though, One World Trade Center does look much more like a Muslim Islamic minaret that it does one of those Christian Islamic minarets.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1673 on: November 14, 2013, 11:18:08 am »

I mean I assume the minaret was cheaper. Probably because it was privately funded by a small group of religiously minded citizens. 
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1674 on: November 14, 2013, 02:42:59 pm »

"News" link posted by one of my more loopy FB friends: "Obama Gives Muslim Nation $195,000,000 For Muslim Holiday"

Yes. Never mind that it would be political suicide, and that the President can't unilaterally give 200 million dollars to some private organization. But sure, this happened because Obama hates America.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1675 on: November 14, 2013, 10:38:49 pm »

It's true though, One World Trade Center does look much more like a Muslim Islamic minaret that it does one of those Christian Islamic minarets.
It also looks like a space age dong.  Maybe it was funded by the porn industry.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1676 on: November 21, 2013, 08:42:58 pm »



I came so very close to replying "Maybe it's because a woman isn't likely to become instantly more receptive to the idea of sleeping with you if you buy her a book." but wisely chose not to.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1677 on: November 21, 2013, 08:43:41 pm »

Depends on the book.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1678 on: November 21, 2013, 09:09:04 pm »

Here is one that's going around: http://www.daveramsey.com/blog/20-things-the-rich-do-every-day

I call bullshit on some of these, and sure would like more information on how this survey was conducted. Only 6% of "wealthy" people watch reality TV? Or only 6% admit to it? How do you determine who "believes in life-long educational self-improvement?" Did 95% percent of poor people surveyed actually say they don't "believe" in that?

The comments, of course, take it all at face value, and assume that people are rich or poor because they do or do not do these things, not that people do or do not do these things because they are rich or poor. What's cause and what's effect, that's the big question.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1679 on: November 21, 2013, 10:50:07 pm »

How are we defining rich and poor? I know some plutacratically wealthy people and they are some of the dumbest most eccentric people I've ever met. They seem to spend a lot of time doing odd things we would all do if we stopped giving a fuck. I also know "poor" people who are perfectly aware of their own limitations and decided around the age of 17 that they were just going to be plumbers, welders, and mechanics. This list here is describing people who know how to manage their time more effectively than most people and consequentially have higher incomes.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 143   Go Up