Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that there is no way to put a picture of a pug in the News Box?

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 283928 times)

0 Members and 40 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1680 on: November 22, 2013, 06:22:37 am »

There are few different strains of this going around. X no. of things happy people, depressed people, etc. I haven't read any of them until now. I've gotten better and not clicking on dumb shit like this. At least I'm ahead of the game right now. Ha ha. What will they come up with next to trick me into clicking on some bullshit?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1681 on: November 22, 2013, 08:22:39 pm »

This goes in the Shit my _____ says, but it's also a candidate for the Upworthy thread because the headline was "These Strangers Became Friends in just Minutes. You Won't Believe What Made Them Do It." It's a video of people sitting in a ball pit. It's actually been around for awhile, I saw it for the first time at least a year ago, but it's currently making the rounds among my Facebook friends.

So, I can't find any snopes like verification of my suspicions, but this is totally fake, right? There are a few things that have alerted my bullshit detector, but I'd like to hear from you before I enumerate them.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1682 on: November 23, 2013, 12:50:40 am »

My memories of ball pits always include a hint of urine scent.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1683 on: November 23, 2013, 01:29:25 am »

I've had a half assed ball pit in my apartment- people like it a lot.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1684 on: November 23, 2013, 03:05:29 am »

Yeah, lagging behind growth is a problem too. But I am damn near a moron and I spend this time every year forecasting my groups facility, hardware and headcount needs one to three years out for budget planning and consistently come within 10%.

I'd figure someone with actual education, training and more functioning grey matter could handle charting demographics and population growth and matching them to travel patterns and then apply that to project planning and completion timelines.

fuck*ng A, Inev, get that goddam degree and come out here, I think I've ID'd a need for you to fill.
At some point don't you just run out of places to put wide swaths of pavement? I would think that anywhere as decentralized and heavily populated as Southern California would have this issue.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1685 on: November 23, 2013, 05:16:54 pm »

Ball pit related memory: We were at chuckee cheese and the birthday boy started bleeding from his ears.
ACap: Lance, you are bleeding out of your head. Where your brain is.
Lance: So what am I supposed to do about it?
ACap: Stop playing in the ball pit. Kenny's mom is giving out quarters by the arcade. Go play games.

I've had a half assed ball pit in my apartment- people like it a lot.


That pit there in the picture was outside my room. The day after we blew it up the dean of students was walking his dog and passed the dorm and found too many explosives. He told us to clean up the mess in the pit so we came up with idea of laying a giant tarp in the pit, covering that drain there. Then we turned on all the sinks in the upstairs room and funneled all the water into the pit. We then had a pool instead of a pit. The campus cops got hip to this and told us we weren't allowed to re-engineer campus property. The wording there is intentionally vague. When they came by to stop our pit pool they also found out we had built lofts in our rooms (making them a sort of duplex). They also found out we had vacated one of the rooms and turned it into a bar. These were the halcyon days of the think tank for deadly sins.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 05:20:28 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1686 on: November 23, 2013, 05:38:55 pm »

it is fitting that the guy who is me and a-cap's mutual acquaintance moved to NYC to pretend to be Mad Men full time. But without the women or clothes or class, he just writes about cigars and smokes them in his office.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1687 on: November 23, 2013, 07:09:05 pm »

He wanted to be part of our group so bad. He was always forcing himself on us and would end up doing humiliating things. We tolerated him, but then he tried to convince my girlfriend that he was some kind of pornographer/model agent and invited her over for a photo shoot. She declined and told me to get him to stop making disgusting advances.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1688 on: November 23, 2013, 08:01:25 pm »

the dean of students...l found too many explosives.

This implies that there was an acceptable amount of explosives that would have been tolerated, but you unfortunately exceeded that amount.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1689 on: November 23, 2013, 11:47:30 pm »

We have had very similar experiences with that man.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1690 on: December 02, 2013, 05:23:28 am »

Girl whose parents are not-well-off but her aunt and uncle pay for her to go to college at one of the most expensive schools in the nation posting on FB about the struggle of going to a fancy college as a "poor person."

her aunt and uncle also mail her gift cards for clothes whenever they see photos online of her in thrift store stuff. she exchanges the gift cards for cash.

she has a brand-new kitchenaid mixer because the used one her roommate's mom offered them didn't match the other kitchen appliances. so she insisted that they buy a new one.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 02:27:14 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1691 on: December 03, 2013, 06:01:40 am »

her aunt and uncle also mail her gift cards for clothes whenever they see photos online of her in thrift store stuff. she exchanges the gift cards for cash.
This is like the upper middle class variation of food stamp fraud.  Presumably the exchange is for less than the face value of the gift card. 
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1692 on: December 03, 2013, 03:46:38 pm »

Girl whose parents are not-well-off but her aunt and uncle pay for her to go to college at one of the most expensive schools in the nation posting on FB about the struggle of going to a fancy college as a "poor person."
Please refer her to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobst_Boy
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1693 on: December 05, 2013, 04:54:31 pm »

"Best advice I've used lately from my Daddy, _______... "Let your fingers do the walkin'" I called all over this morning, and found RC the dirt bike he wants... YAY!"

This is not really all that dumb, but I does make me shake my head that an advertising slogan from the 1960s for the Yellow Pages now passes for sage advice from an elder. I'm guessing that the daughter has never heard that slogan and thought that her father was both helpful and witty.

What could some other examples of this be?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1694 on: December 05, 2013, 05:00:48 pm »

We're writing our own short stories. Don't think of this as a novel where the protagonist has a single arc. Think of this as a collection. Stephen King brings back cameos, but they aren't plot movers. - ACAP
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 143   Go Up