Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 281841 times)

0 Members and 48 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1695 on: December 12, 2013, 02:07:51 pm »

The War on Christmas has begun!!!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1696 on: December 12, 2013, 06:24:46 pm »

We're only 73% Christian. Pluralism counts.  Besides, the only people who can't say "Merry Christmas" by law are government employees in the functions of their job.  Like public school teachers.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1697 on: December 12, 2013, 08:39:41 pm »

We're only 73% Christian. Pluralism counts.  Besides, the only people who can't say "Merry Christmas" by law are government employees in the functions of their job.  Like public school teachers.

You seriously don't think these figures mean anything to someone dumb enough to post that picture on Facebook do you? No, I think David Cross said it best.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1698 on: December 12, 2013, 09:26:06 pm »

No.  People find it more comfortable to live in the legendary world they create for themselves than in the real one we all share.  Unfortunately, their votes count in real elections however.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1699 on: December 13, 2013, 05:07:19 am »

i think the 'war on christmas' is pretty much more of a dronestrike on scapegoats. but then again, this opinion ain't too radical, really.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1700 on: December 13, 2013, 11:00:26 am »

"'Only' 73%". This qualifier kills me.

But moving on, I never contributed to this thread so this is something my biological grandfather (already passed away and whom I only saw this one time in my life) said at the breakfast table: "Had a bad dream last night, dreamt with chckens. They say it's a bad dream to have, but at least it wasn't niggers."
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1701 on: December 13, 2013, 06:15:10 pm »

Those who are dumb enough to post that pic on Facebook sincerely believe that everyone in America is Christian.  Except for the Jews who control the mass media, and therefore make saying "Merry Christmas" illegal.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1702 on: December 13, 2013, 06:22:55 pm »

Those who are dumb enough to post that pic on Facebook sincerely believe that everyone in America is Christian.  Except for the Jews who control the mass media, and therefore make saying "Merry Christmas" illegal.

And of course the Muslims who hate us for our freedoms.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1703 on: December 13, 2013, 06:45:32 pm »

Buddhists! Buddhists don't cause much trouble!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1704 on: December 13, 2013, 08:57:54 pm »

Jah love, bred'ren
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1705 on: December 13, 2013, 11:09:44 pm »

Too much isms and schisms, ohhhh my children
Too much isms and schisms



And yeah...Rastas will fuck you up man.


Edit:  and they do hate you!   (And probably me!)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 11:14:08 pm by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1706 on: December 14, 2013, 12:30:28 am »

I am looking over this research paper I am using as a writing sample for grad school, and found this awful sentiment
Quote
I posted on an unrelated internet forum (www.touamb.com) of which I am a long-term member,
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1707 on: December 14, 2013, 08:30:32 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1708 on: December 16, 2013, 05:24:05 pm »

Too much isms and schisms, ohhhh my children
Too much isms and schisms



And yeah...Rastas will fuck you up man.


Edit:  and they do hate you!   (And probably me!)

Yeah ash, I'm pretty sure modern Rastafarianism grew out of a reaction to slavery and a belief that africans should take over the world - and not necessarily peacefully.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1709 on: December 16, 2013, 10:59:18 pm »

One step forward, don't step backwards, step outta Babylon.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 143   Go Up