Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Have some dignity.

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 281830 times)

0 Members and 49 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1800 on: March 13, 2014, 12:18:49 am »

Except us, Paul. And what more do you really need?

You make a very valid point.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1801 on: March 13, 2014, 10:15:40 pm »

Hey, guess what, that viral video of strangers kissing is actually an ad for clothes. I didn't pick up on that, probably because I was too busy pointing out how dumb it is in the first place. Everyone else was commenting "so beautiful" or "it's touching" or etc. My comment "Strangers kissing for the first time is basically every porno ever made."

If you fuckers would post more I wouldn't have to waste so much time on Facebook. I'd much rather waste it here.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1802 on: March 14, 2014, 02:00:09 pm »

Yeah, it's much easier to get "strangers" to agree to smooch when they're all models and actors an' shit, and at least pre-qualified to be somewhat attractive.

Here is a completely terrible game my friends in New York taught me (it worked well on the streets of Manhattan). When you are walking down a busy street, take notice of the next ten people of the opposite sex (or same, or both, depending on your preferences) who pass you in the opposite direction (and appear to be of the age of consent). You theoretically have to sleep with one of those ten. But you have to decide on each in turn--i.e. you can pick #1 until #2 comes along, at that point #1 is gone. You can't go back. And once you've decided, you have to stick with it, so if I pick woman #3 and then #7 turns out to be Scarlett Johansson, too bad for me. And if you don't take 1 through 9, you MUST take #10, no matter who they are.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1803 on: March 14, 2014, 04:27:49 pm »

What if the first person was Scarlett Johanson and the second person was Elizabeth Taylor circa 1956? What a drag it would be to have to settle for Scarlett Johanson. Ha ha ha... Of course I would probably pass on Ellie May and get stuck with Miss Hathaway.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1804 on: March 14, 2014, 04:52:57 pm »

Do you buy her flowers first?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1805 on: March 14, 2014, 06:59:09 pm »

Yeah, it's much easier to get "strangers" to agree to smooch when they're all models and actors an' shit, and at least pre-qualified to be somewhat attractive.

Here is a completely terrible game my friends in New York taught me (it worked well on the streets of Manhattan). When you are walking down a busy street, take notice of the next ten people of the opposite sex (or same, or both, depending on your preferences) who pass you in the opposite direction (and appear to be of the age of consent). You theoretically have to sleep with one of those ten. But you have to decide on each in turn--i.e. you can pick #1 until #2 comes along, at that point #1 is gone. You can't go back. And once you've decided, you have to stick with it, so if I pick woman #3 and then #7 turns out to be Scarlett Johansson, too bad for me. And if you don't take 1 through 9, you MUST take #10, no matter who they are.

I like this game better:

Pick a person at random and watch them go about their business, and try to figure out what that person's lover adores the most about him/her. Works best when you choose people who are quirky or unconventionally attractive.

Also, I liked the strangers kissing video. I don't care that it's a clothing ad, even. It makes me want to kiss a bunch of strangers just to see what it's like. Seems like a fun way to spend an afternoon.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1806 on: March 14, 2014, 10:08:35 pm »

I don't care that it's a clothing ad, even.

I don't care that it's a clothing ad either. I do care that it's fake and loads of people believed it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1807 on: March 14, 2014, 10:13:55 pm »

Is it fake?

I mean, the partici##### may or may not have been actors, but the awkwardness and chemistry that film portrayed seemed absolutely real to me.  Do you think it is not a little awkward to have first time make outs with a complete stranger even if you are an actor?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1808 on: March 14, 2014, 10:28:05 pm »

Obviously there's no way to know for certain, but yeah, of course it's fake. It wasn't random people recruited for a social experiment, it was actors hired to play a role. How much did they rehearse the scene? How many takes were there before they captured the perfect awkward moment? How much discussion was there between the players beforehand? How much direction were they given? Even if it were technically strangers kissing it wasn't real.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1809 on: March 15, 2014, 07:34:19 pm »

I just came up with an idea and I want to road test it here. To people who misuse to/too. For instance someone just commented "to funny." My reply was "to funny and beyond." Like Buzz Lightyear might say if he wanted to go to funny instead of infinity. I'm wondering if that would work in any situation? This could be a real game changer for me on FB. Ha ha ha...
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1810 on: March 16, 2014, 10:03:13 pm »

What's the deal with Palm Oil? I keep seeing pictures of dead apes and something about don't buy palm oil. I haven't bothered to read the articles because I am assuming it's probably some distorted bullshit, but I am actually curious as to what is going on.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1811 on: March 16, 2014, 10:24:24 pm »

It is not distorted, it is some fucked up shit. But unfortunately palm oil is in nearly everything.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1812 on: March 16, 2014, 11:50:25 pm »

Yeah, palm oil is actually terrible environmentally, and very hard to avoid if you buy any manufactured food at all. Even practically everything at Whole Foods. It's very frustrating.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1813 on: March 16, 2014, 11:55:54 pm »

Well that's a bummer.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1814 on: March 17, 2014, 12:52:31 am »

What's the alternative?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 143   Go Up