Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 282486 times)

0 Members and 47 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1815 on: March 17, 2014, 04:18:25 am »

An acquaintance from high school changed his profile pic to a well-photoshopped image of Gandalf staring at the screen of an Mac laptop. I commented, "Dude, how long has it been since we saw you last?" He commented back, "LOL I started growing my beard out right after we hung out, it's only been about 120 years or so." Which opened him right up for the zinger:

"No, you look the same, but when did you become a Mac person?"

His response?

"Oh lol i thought you were saying I looked old, i'm not a Mac person lol"

SMH.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1816 on: March 17, 2014, 01:56:40 pm »

it's the tragedy of comedy —— the straight man always wins, while even the clever fool steps on a rake
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1817 on: March 17, 2014, 07:11:06 pm »

Basically the problem with palm oil is the plantations are built on land cleared of rainforests or other, native, plants that are necessary for the local ecosystem to maintain its diversity and "health".  The alternative is probably to avoid buying processed food.  The food engineers (a real occupation) look at the components of any given recipe and find low cost alternatives to them. Butter -> palm oil. Yeast -> baking soda. Cocoa butter -> palm oil. Pecans -> walnuts. Meat -> soy protein filler. Cheese cultures and rennet -> bioreactor fermented enzymes and hydrocolloids. Cream -> dextrins, emulsifiers, xanthan or guar gums, carrageenan...and palm oil.  Industrially produced, refined components used in processed, canned, or packaged goods are most efficiently obtained through monoculture fields and plantations, which displace native plant life.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1818 on: March 17, 2014, 11:31:02 pm »

it's the tragedy of comedy —— the straight man always wins, while even the clever fool steps on a rake

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1819 on: March 18, 2014, 06:23:22 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1820 on: March 18, 2014, 02:09:54 pm »

Actual Strangers Kissing for the First Time

I like this one too.

I still say that despite the fact that the original was slickly made and featured pretty people, much of the awkwardness and chemistry was genuine.

Also, what's up with the guy in the "Dope" hat.  It's hard to believe he's self-aware enough to realize he's a dope, but it's nice that he's thoughtful enough to advertise the fact.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1821 on: March 18, 2014, 03:27:57 pm »

I'm with EggMan. I like them both.

Although, who let Robert Plant in on this? He seemed like a creeper.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1822 on: March 18, 2014, 04:03:11 pm »

I'm sure I would love the first one if they weren't trying to pretend it were real.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1823 on: March 26, 2014, 04:57:17 pm »

"I've decided to stop wearing underwear."

My cousin posted this on Facebook. When I left a sarcastic reply I had no idea I was falling into a trap. Apparently it's one of those meme's where you post something stupid without explanation and if someone comments on it they are tagged and have to do the same thing.

I only fell for it because she is known to overshare anyway. So I had to change my status to "Guess it was 2 good 2 b true I'm pregnant."

Yay, I just found a new reason to unfollow people.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1824 on: March 26, 2014, 05:57:59 pm »

I was wondering if you had been hacked.

I have been unfollowing a few people who I was putting up with because they were vaguely work-related but had gotten too annoying. This was my reward for not unfollowing all the writers who are more successful than me and posting photos of their trips to warm places.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1825 on: March 26, 2014, 06:14:16 pm »

This was my reward for not unfollowing all the writers who are more successful than me and posting photos of their trips to warm places.

Well I'm glad you are doing it for the right reasons.

PS- I deleted that stupid post.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1826 on: March 28, 2014, 07:25:29 pm »

Actual stupid headline Underweight People Have a High Chance of Dying Too .  Ummmm...  I'm pretty sure all people have a high chance of dying.  I'm pretty sure most, if not all people, will die.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1827 on: March 28, 2014, 07:27:18 pm »

It's just a question of how far out you want to extend the horizon.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1828 on: March 28, 2014, 08:35:43 pm »

It ain't about how long, it's about what you cram in there anyways.

THAT'S WHAT YER MOM SAID

ZING
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1829 on: March 28, 2014, 09:39:53 pm »

Asparagus is a grower not a shower.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 143   Go Up