Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 282166 times)

0 Members and 43 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1950 on: March 11, 2015, 09:14:13 pm »

Hilarious!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1951 on: March 12, 2015, 06:22:18 am »

"Do you know the names of everyone you've fucked?"

"I'm sure I knew it at the time."
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1952 on: March 13, 2015, 06:50:29 pm »

[bestow'd]
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1953 on: May 09, 2015, 08:29:31 pm »

So glad I changed the settings on Facebook so that I have to "approve" other people's posts on my wall. It feels a little mean, but then:

Quote from: my mom
Hey honey, did you get that article I posted on your facebook? It was about struggling to find love in your 20s. I posted it but now it isn't there!

"Yeah mom, I saw it... I don't know where it went!"

(this policy was instituted after my old coworker, who used to joke he was going to "get me drunk and turn me gay," posted "hey Dan, you gone full fag yet?" on my wall. Yikes duded.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1954 on: June 04, 2015, 03:52:41 pm »

This report I'm summarizing for work keeps using the phrase "accidents that involve a fall from a higher level onto a lower level." Come on, there has to be a shorter way to say that. Multi-story falls?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1955 on: June 04, 2015, 06:14:30 pm »

This report I'm summarizing for work keeps using the phrase "accidents that involve a fall from a higher level onto a lower level." Come on, there has to be a shorter way to say that. Multi-story falls?

Wouldn't any other sort of fall sort of violate the laws of physics?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1956 on: June 04, 2015, 07:33:23 pm »

Yeah, my first reaction was "can't you say just 'falls'" but I guess you want to exclude, like, someone tripping on a banana peel.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1957 on: June 04, 2015, 07:44:31 pm »

Yeah, my first reaction was "can't you say just 'falls'" but I guess you want to exclude, like, someone tripping on a banana peel.

fuck*ng lawyers.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1958 on: June 05, 2015, 05:11:56 pm »

As part of the "Wile E. Coyote Drinking Game" we called it "Fall from great height."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1959 on: June 05, 2015, 06:50:58 pm »

Yes, you have to differentiate between falling down and falling off of something.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1960 on: June 19, 2015, 02:56:22 pm »

Just called out a FB friend who wrote "I don't know why it happened!" WRT to the Charleston shooting.

My reply: "It happened because he was a horrible racist, and because he had easy access to a gun."

This should be interesting.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1961 on: June 19, 2015, 05:38:26 pm »

Only response so far amounts to "We shouldn't politicize this tragedy."

Which in my book amounts to "Please don't make me discuss the possibility that the policies I support, and/or the prejudices I either possess myself or tolerate in others in my faction, are in any way to blame for this." At least, that's how I interpret it.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1962 on: June 20, 2015, 06:48:17 am »

Only response so far amounts to "We shouldn't politicize this tragedy."

Which in my book amounts to "Please don't make me discuss the possibility that the policies I support, and/or the prejudices I either possess myself or tolerate in others in my faction, are in any way to blame for this." At least, that's how I interpret it.

That pretty much sums it up. I think there is a real feeling right now that enough is enough and the progressive side of this issue is ready to fight for this cause.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1963 on: June 20, 2015, 06:49:52 am »

Taking the goddamn Rebel Flag off the State House lawn is the bare minimum place where we can begin this debate.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1964 on: June 24, 2015, 05:07:34 pm »

That pretty much sums it up. I think there is a real feeling right now that enough is enough and the progressive side of this issue is ready to fight for this cause.

I thought that about Sandy Hook.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 143   Go Up